The Student Room Group

travelling after nursing degree

my boyfriend and I want to go travelling after I finish uni, this would probably be for 6 months to a year as he has family we could stay with, I am a little concerned though about how this may affect my NMC registration and if I would need to re-register or need a top up course or something as I would potentially be losing skills before I return to the NHS. does anyone know how this works or if It will impact my whole career. thanks!
Original post by jammflee
my boyfriend and I want to go travelling after I finish uni, this would probably be for 6 months to a year as he has family we could stay with, I am a little concerned though about how this may affect my NMC registration and if I would need to re-register or need a top up course or something as I would potentially be losing skills before I return to the NHS. does anyone know how this works or if It will impact my whole career. thanks!

If you look on the nmc website it has information in relation to not registering immediately after finishing your course.

https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/trained-in-the-uk/applying-to-the-register-after-more-than-six-months/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi,

It is probably best to read the NMC website or speak to someone at your uni. I know someone that travelled for a couple of months after finishing university so it is possible. And about losing skills...you'd be supernumary when you start work so you'll be working alongside someone so it should all come back to you. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending