The Student Room Group

Birkbeck University vs. Goldsmith University

I want to study Media and Communication, I got accepted unconditionally to both Birkbeck University and Goldsmith University. I am struggling to make my final choice. Does anyone have any experience? What do you think? Where is better in terms of course, location, accommodation and student life?
Original post by rita_mklv
I want to study Media and Communication, I got accepted unconditionally to both Birkbeck University and Goldsmith University. I am struggling to make my final choice. Does anyone have any experience? What do you think? Where is better in terms of course, location, accommodation and student life?

Do you want to be taught in the evening with older students or during the day with younger students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suggest you visit both universities to get a feel for location/student life etc, and research the course content/module options of each degree carefully. One degree might stand out as the clear favourite.

If both degrees look equally interesting, then personally I'd opt for Birkbeck. Evening study gives one the time to do internships in the day, and I imagine internships will be very important for getting a job in the media industry. That said, if you want the conventional student experience, perhaps Goldsmiths would be better.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Do you want to be taught in the evening with older students or during the day with younger students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the respond.
Birkbeck offers only evening courses?
Original post by rita_mklv
Thank you for the respond.
Birkbeck offers only evening courses?

"Nearly all of our courses are taught in the evening".
http://www.bbk.ac.uk/about-us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending