The Student Room Group

Does Islam need a reformation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrainyBengali
Perhaps there was a time when slavery was accepted, yes. The prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was a slave himself, and did buy and free slaves. They were treated better than those with more cruel, non-believing masters, but yes, I see where you're coming from since it did continue the process for quite some time.

No he wasn't.
Original post by ForeverAQx
To be honest, you lot are only saying this bc of the action of a new people.
ISIS is not Islam, Islam is the religion of peace.
To do such acts of violence is not permitted in Islam and the Qu'ran and Al Hadiths state that very clearly. To carry out such actions is not following these teachings.
Violence is not in our morals, religiously or ethically.
Who are you people to want us to change our beliefs due to the acts of a small minority of humans.

Isn't the punishment for apostates death? How about treatment of gay people? How is that peaceful?
Yes it does and it will reform, in many ways it's been reforming since Muhammad's death. All things change and evolve, it is an absolutely unavoidable law of the universe it seems, and Islam is also subject to it.
Of course it needs. One of the examples of such a reformation was Mustafa Kemal Ataturk''s reforms in Turkey. Islam was founded in 7th century . Christian reformation was in 16th century and the religious wars between protestants and catholics occured in 17th century. 1500+600 it is approximately in our time this should happen. Shariat should be banned in Europe. And govornments around the world should regulate imams all around the world to stop breeding hate between people.
All religions need to evolve out of existence.

It's astonishing that such nonsense fairytales still exist in the 21st century. With all the information about the universe/world that is available, people still waste their lives with these ancient cults.
stupid people who know nothing about Islam yet speak bad about it????? fix up. Islam is peaceful, and the most beautiful religion x It is haraam for innocen people to be killed so fix up you stupid wierdos...
go and educate yourself u clapped yute, you disgust me, and make me feel like im going to vomit. DONT EVER SPEAK BAD OF THE PROPHET.
I believe he was put up for sale like any other child-slave, but the person who took him on saw something different in him. Maybe didn't have to experience that life, but you can;t say he didn't go through the greatest struggles, instead tested more so than any other person to exist.
Original post by summer_x
go and educate yourself u clapped yute, you disgust me, and make me feel like im going to vomit. DONT EVER SPEAK BAD OF THE PROPHET.

Ahh loving the ad hominem (yes you go Google that. Ha. 'Uneducated' pfft :u: :rofl:

In all seriousness, I would never disrespect his name intentionally. Please enlighten me on what I may have done wrong. Apologies in advance. Would delete if needed : )

I did say that he 'saw something different in him', emphasizing the light and blessed aura he gave off even as a child.
(edited 7 years ago)
I believe he was put up for sale like any other child-slave, but the person who took him on saw something different in him. Maybe didn't have to experience that life, but you can;t say he didn't go through the greatest struggles, instead tested more so than any other person to exist.

Where are you getting this from?
Original post by Muwahid-

this begali yute is losttt
You have time you sado go and fix up and stop talking about islam hypocrite
Original post by brainybengali
ahh loving the ad hominem (yes you go google that. Ha. 'uneducated' pfft :u :rofl:

In all seriousness, i would never disrespect his name intentionally. Please enlighten me on what i may have done wrong. Apologies in advance. Would delete if needed : )

i did say that he 'saw something different in him', emphasizing the light and blessed aura he gave off even as a child.

Wait, we have pro-islam trolls now?

What a time to be alive.

Hmm hypocritical how exactly? Please make your point clearly or just keep your primary-school pars to yourself :smile:
Original post by Muwahid-

I'm recalling a story from memory so don't take my word for it.

An interesting link: https://islamqa.info/en/94840
Islam is perfect. They're no need to reform it but need to understand in positive manner.
(edited 7 years ago)
Political instability is the mother of radicalization not religion. All extremist groups those of Islam and those not are as a result of political stability within that region so i would recommend to be clear and not be judgmental if Islam was hatred and bloodshed don't you think we all would have being dead assuming their are more than billion followers?,besides it's the fastest growing religion unlike ours!. i believe we should work towards political stability rather than blame gaming!!
It's hilarious how all these Edgelords™ are acting like ISIS is the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: child of "religion hur hur" while completely ignoring not only the geography but political and economic state of the area it started up in, as an offshoot of another terrorist group which, competeing to fill up the power vacuum.

The problem isn't how an religion is supposed to "die" (let's face it, killing off an intrinsic centuries old belief is pretty damn hard, and you wont have to because, as someone's said, there's already a big push from within the Muslim community, especially in the West, towards more liberal ideals) but how you can stop ISIS. There are plenty of religious fanatical groups who are just as if not more dangerous, and yet we've never heard of them, yet here's ISIS, dominating the media almost every single week. They literally have thousands willing to die for their so called cause, weapons and land. How did this happen?? Who's funding them??

But sure, ignore these questions. Let's go back to religion bashing, because that always provides a loving and positive message like, oh, this rando white guy thinking it's ok to tackle a weedy ass 14 year old to the ground then proceed to choke her with her hijab. Lemme tell you right now that friction burn on neck = hella painful.

Lovely. I know, it feels oh so fullfilling it feels crapping all over religion behind a computer screen, but please, just for one damn second, think of the very physical effects out here in the real world for us. For some reason y'all seem to have a deficiet in your brain where you cant differentiate between a suicide bomber and Aisha "dm me for wedding henna" from down the road :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Captain Haddock
The Protestant Reformation didn't deradicalise anything and resulted in arguably the most devastating war in European history, so maybe not like that, eh? Cultural change is what's needed.

The wars of religion were catastrophic but the First World War was the most devastating war in European history.

More, the Reformation led to
the zenith of European global influence. The Great War started the continent's decline and eclipse.
Yeah your dumb messed up brain , cant trust these sites, use the Quran or the Hadith, not everyday search up on google, LOOOL "LET ME SEARCH UP ISLAM ON GOOGLE: OOOOOOOOOH *CLICKS ON FIRST WEBSITE* ISLAM IS FROM XYZ" stuppid bengali prick.

Have fun in TSR gaol :smile:
Original post by airportsh8me
It's hilarious how all these Edgelords™ are acting like ISIS is the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: child of "religion hur hur" while completely ignoring not only the geography but political and economic state of the area it started up in, as an offshoot of another terrorist group which, competeing to fill up the power vacuum.

The problem isn't how an religion is supposed to "die" (let's face it, killing off an intrinsic centuries old belief is pretty damn hard, and you wont have to because, as someone's said, there's already a big push from within the Muslim community, especially in the West, towards more liberal ideals) but how you can stop ISIS. There are plenty of religious fanatical groups who are just as if not more dangerous, and yet we've never heard of them, yet here's ISIS, dominating the media almost every single week. They literally have thousands willing to die for their so called cause, weapons and land. How did this happen?? Who's funding them??

But sure, ignore these questions. Let's go back to religion bashing, because that always provides a loving and positive message like, oh, this rando white guy thinking it's ok to tackle a weedy ass 14 year old to the ground then proceed to choke her with her hijab. Lemme tell you right now that friction burn on neck = hella painful.

Lovely. I know, it feels oh so fullfilling it feels crapping all over religion behind a computer screen, but please, just for one damn second, think of the very physical effects out here in the real world for us. For some reason y'all seem to have a deficiet in your brain where you cant differentiate between a suicide bomber and Aisha "dm me for wedding henna" from down the road :/

Erm you actually can get rid of a centuries old belief.You don't see anyone worshipping Zeus anymore do you?It's not just Isis that portrays Islam in a negative light.Its also Iran,Saudis Arabia,Pakistan,Bahrain,Qutar,Yemen,Indonesia,Sudan,Bangladesh and a whole bunch of Muslim countries.The majority of the Muslim world just generally holds nasty beliefs even if they don't advocate terrorism.
Religion is not some sacred thing that should be immune to criticism.Its just a set of beliefs like any other and the sooner humanity moves on from primitive beliefs in superstition and magic the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending