GCSE Predictions May/June 2017 Watch

JackB2000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone. Here are the GCSEs I am taking in May/June (All HIGHER except French Listening)
Maths (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature: Romeo and Juliet, Sign of Four, An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict Anthology(AQA)
Core Biology (AQA)
Biology Unit 1 (AQA)
Chemistry Unit1 (AQA)
Physics Unit1 (AQA) Biology Unit2
(AQA) Chemistry Unit 2 (AQA) Physics Unit 2
(AQA) History A: School's History Project - Medicine Through Time and Germany 1918-45 (OCR)
French Reading (Edexcel)
French Listening (Edexcel)
Computing (OCR)
RS B Unit 2 Life Issues: Animal Rights, Early Life, Prejudice, War+Peace (AQA)
RS B Unit 3 Morality: Matters of Life and Death (Medical Ethics), Drugs, Crime+ Punishment, Elderly+Death (AQA)
Any predictions?
Thanks
12tastani
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JackB2000)
Hi everyone. Here are the GCSEs I am taking in May/June (All HIGHER except French Listening)
Maths (Edexcel)
English Language (AQA)
English Literature: Romeo and Juliet, Sign of Four, An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict Anthology(AQA)
Core Biology (AQA)
Biology Unit 1 (AQA)
Chemistry Unit1 (AQA)
Physics Unit1 (AQA) Biology Unit2
(AQA) Chemistry Unit 2 (AQA) Physics Unit 2
(AQA) History A: School's History Project - Medicine Through Time and Germany 1918-45 (OCR)
French Reading (Edexcel)
French Listening (Edexcel)
Computing (OCR)
RS B Unit 2 Life Issues: Animal Rights, Early Life, Prejudice, War+Peace (AQA)
RS B Unit 3 Morality: Matters of Life and Death (Medical Ethics), Drugs, Crime+ Punishment, Elderly+Death (AQA)
Any predictions?
Thanks
AQA English Lit: we are the first ones doing this new gcse so they won't want to trip us up, but they will also want to test us as much as possible so (for AIC) they'll give something easy to write about (to pass) but hard to get good marks in (higher grades eg 7,8,9) SO i think it'll be something like theme of responsibility/social duties/Inspector himself/Shiela or Eric (younger generations)
Very sure they wouldnt give us something like time/supernatural/cause and effect or the grade boundaries will be far far lower than the already low grade boundaries they expect (we're the first ones so obviously grade boundaries will be low)
EDEXCEL Maths: In terms of maths its all practice, if i can scrape a grade 8 by getting 65 average out of 80 in the mocks, than it'll be easy to get grade 8/9.
Revise these key topics which trip higher students up: Mark and Recapture, Reverse Mean, Proving circle theorems, unit conversion (eg cm^3 to m^2), Geometric/Fibonacci/exponential (and reverse exponential!!!)/Inverse sequences AND graphs!! I think thats about it for the ones who are looking to distinguish themselves from grade 7→8 and grade 8→9
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.15%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.7%
No, but I want to start (173)
35.97%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.28%
No, I chose not to (139)
28.9%