amxryliss
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody had any predictions for any of these texts:
Othello
The Little Stranger VS Dracula
Post-2000 Modern Poems
Christina Rossetti Poems
A Streetcar Named Desire

Obviously it doesn't matter if they're not accurate, just need some more ideas on what to revise eh !
Nikapro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not sure, we are doing Christina Rossetti and we think it could be something like Goblin Market. Which poems are you guys doing ? And how are u managing to revise through so many poems ?
amxryliss
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Nikapro)
Not sure, we are doing Christina Rossetti and we think it could be something like Goblin Market. Which poems are you guys doing ? And how are u managing to revise through so many poems ?
We're doing like 30 Rossetti poems...but I tend to revise by making comparison plans for different themes. I also read over the poems & my notes and try to see what themes I could put them under. If I see any similarities in themes/quotes I tend to match those poems together!
As for the other poems...I haven't really looked at that yet...but I guess it's the same process.
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, guys. It's so difficult to predict anything with there being no past papers tbh.
Nikapro
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cherry82)
Hey, guys. It's so difficult to predict anything with there being no past papers tbh.
I know !! What do you guys reckon is going to come up ? Also are u guys doing the forward prize anthology poems ? If so, are u finding it more difficult and what do u think is going to come up ?
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know !! What do you guys reckon is going to come up ? Also are u guys doing the forward prize anthology poems ? If so, are u finding it more difficult and what do u think is going to come up ?
I really have no clue and it's killing me that I'm unsure. I'm doing Christina Rossetti and what sucks is that for some of the poems, there's no notes online so I'm trying to freestyle those. If anyone has any Christina Rossetti notes, please help a stressed and worried student out :/ I just pray I can pass.
Nikapro
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really have no clue and it's killing me that I'm unsure. I'm doing Christina Rossetti and what sucks is that for some of the poems, there's no notes online so I'm trying to freestyle those. If anyone has any Christina Rossetti notes, please help a stressed and worried student out :/ I just pray I can pass.
What about the prose ? Are u confident with the prose ?
IshaAmaani
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, there is a revision guide on www.charlotteunsworth.com its really useful! im using it for mine this year
IshaAmaani
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also, which poems are you doing?
IshaAmaani
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Here are some useful links-
http://www.victorianweb.org/victoria...tti/index.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/poetryseason/po...rossetti.shtml
http://charlotteunsworth.com/?p=1799
Nikapro
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone here study Never Let Me Go ? If so do you guys know any good resources for Never Let Me Go ?
lascelles101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amxryliss)
We're doing like 30 Rossetti poems...but I tend to revise by making comparison plans for different themes. I also read over the poems & my notes and try to see what themes I could put them under. If I see any similarities in themes/quotes I tend to match those poems together!
As for the other poems...I haven't really looked at that yet...but I guess it's the same process.
i completly understand how you feel, i feel desperate!!!
does anyone have any notes for Hamlet? or streetcar and HMT/frankenstien?
username3387490
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi, I'm currently doing HMT/ frankenstein...what are the predictions for the comparisons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (133)
48.36%
No (36)
13.09%
I'm not old enough (106)
38.55%

Watched Threads