The Student Room Group

GCSEs vs 'politics+economics)

I'll get into it.
I like politics (GeoLibertarian Minarchist). I like economics. But there is lots of knowledge within the 2 fields.... Should I abandon learning about the 2 (to an extent) and concentrate on my GCSEs? Will simultaneously revising and learning about the above topics hurt my GCSE grades?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by BarryGoldwater3
I'll get into it.
I like politics (GeoLibertarian Minarchist). I like economics. But there is lots of knowledge within the 2 fields.... Should I abandon learning about the 2 (to an extent) and concentrate on my GCSEs? Will simultaneously revising and learning about the above topics hurt my GCSE grades?
Thanks

I would definitely think that focusing on your GCSEs should be the priority. Trying to revise for all your subjects, and studying extra curricular things may be an issue. If you prefer learning about Politics and Economics to your GCSEs then you may eventually find yourself prioritising learning about those instead of revising. There would be no issue why you could not put learning about Politics and Economics on hold, and focus on your GCSEs, then return to learning about them once your exams are over. You could also consider using learning about Politics and Economics as a reward for putting a lot of effort into your studying - e.g. "If I revise for ten hours this week, I'll put this political documentary on'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending