Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did really really great at chemistry As edexcel,but still got a C,my friend is a chemistry genius and got a C too,although she said she did really well,almost everybody got C at chemistry even genius students at my class,I still dont want to discuss remarking with my parents maybe they wont believe me,mom was happy with my mark as a whole but she stillthinks that I've done better in chemistry as I didn't came back home crying,*LOL*secondly I was horribly unfairly treated during the physics practical exam,while switching the experiments the other candidate took 10 more minutes while all of the other candidates started their experiments I was still standing waiting in the smae time not allowed to open the paper and try to use that time,at the end I was treated the same and was the first who the paper was taken from,and the thermometer was crappy ,so It was really unfair,I wanted to report this to edexcel but was afriad that they are going to lower my mark for blabing too much

ReputationRep:
    AQA Gen studies:
    Soc, Politics and the Economy - 50/100 (very bad, but I suck at essays)
    Culture, Morality, Arts and Humanities - 80/100
    Science, Maths and Technology - 100/100
    Overall - 230/300 - B. Bah. Pooey.

AQA Physics:
    Foundation Physics - 104/105 (ooooohhhhh close)
    Waves and Nuclear Physics - 91/105 (sucks)
    Experimental Work - 76/90 (retaking)
    Overall - 271/300 - A. Good good. But I would like a better A.

Edexcel Music:
    Performing - 79/90
    Composing - 70/90
    Listening - 89/120 (essays... I hate essays)
    Overall - 238/300 - B. I'll retake one of these to get 2 more marks.

Edexcel Maths:
    Pure 1 - 100/100
    Mechanics 1 - 92/100
    Statistics 1 - 87/100 (retaking)
    Overall - 279/300 - A.

I also took:
    Pure 2 - 96/100
    Decision 1 - 100/100
    D1 goes on further maths, P2 just to get it done early to work on P4, P5 and P6 (for further). Based on those I predict A in AS further maths.

So AAABB. I'm quite pleased with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Hi everyone. For everyone who got good AS results then well dun. Im not too happy at all. Basically i was the borderline king.
    Chemistry - 3 marks of an A - 237 UMS marks
    History - 6 marks of an A - 234 - UMS marks
    Biology - 11 marks of an A - 229 - UMS marks
    Maths - A crappy C which i expected.

Cant believe the chemistry. In foundation chemistry (the easiest exam) i got 69/90 coz apparently thr whole nation did really well in that paper so my raw mark got pushed down to a B.

In history i got A's in 2 of the papers but in the Nazi Germany paper i got a C.

At first i was so angry and upset, but now wen i think bout it i know wot paper to retake in January and i seriously think that in January i will pull at least 2 of those B's up to A's. Is this the right attitude to take or shud i just accept it and say ive dun crap for myself and be stressed out? Tell me ur opinion plz :confused:
    OH PURR-LEEEEASE!!!!! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FOUND THIS POST EXTREMELY IRRITATING TO READ, I WOULD BE OVER THE MOON IF I HAD AABC, I GOT AACC, AND IM HAPPY, AND YOUVE MADE ME FEEL A BIT WORSE, U NEED TO GET A LIFE U THINK THAT AABC IS 'CRAP', REALLY, GO OUT, AND GET ONE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    I did Edexcel History and i thought that the Russian history paper was fine and the coursework is always fine but the Germany paper this year was quite tricky.
    WELL I THINK HISTORY WAS A PRETTY HARD EXAM BECAUSE I GOT A C OVERALL AND I HAD AN A FOR MY COURSEWORK, AND I REALLY SHOULD HAVE GOT AN A OR A B, BUT HEY, IM NOT ONE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A GRADE THAT IS A GOOD PASS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I did really really great at chemistry As edexcel,but still got a C,my friend is a chemistry genius and got a C too,although she said she did really well,almost everybody got C at chemistry even genius students at my class,I still dont want to discuss remarking with my parents maybe they wont believe me,mom was happy with my mark as a whole but she stillthinks that I've done better in chemistry as I didn't came back home crying,*LOL*secondly I was horribly unfairly treated during the physics practical exam,while switching the experiments the other candidate took 10 more minutes while all of the other candidates started their experiments I was still standing waiting in the smae time not allowed to open the paper and try to use that time,at the end I was treated the same and was the first who the paper was taken from,and the thermometer was crappy ,so It was really unfair,I wanted to report this to edexcel but was afriad that they are going to lower my mark for blabing too much

Same happen to me and nearly everyone at my school. In EDexcel Chesmitry we all came out with mostly C's. I was expecting a A or B. Even the people who were top of my class got C's. I read EDexcel has moved to a electronic way of marking the papers this year. Do you think there could be some error? I missed a B by 14 marks but i am still going to get all papers remarked.

I got AAACC

i was hoping for atleast AAABC

I am going to continue with: maths, economics and chesmitry (AAC)
    Will i be predicted AAB? And if i agree to retake chesmitry will i be predicted (AAA) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii17)
    OH PURR-LEEEEASE!!!!! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FOUND THIS POST EXTREMELY IRRITATING TO READ, I WOULD BE OVER THE MOON IF I HAD AABC, I GOT AACC, AND IM HAPPY, AND YOUVE MADE ME FEEL A BIT WORSE, U NEED TO GET A LIFE U THINK THAT AABC IS 'CRAP', REALLY, GO OUT, AND GET ONE.

no he said he got BBBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ram)
    no he said he got BBBC
    read it properly and you will see he got aabb

ReputationRep:
    My AS results were:

Maths - A
    Geography - A
    History - A Disappointed with my unit 1 mark only 96/120 retake me thinks (with edexcel by the way)
    Biology - A Hardly anyone in my college got an A for Biology, why??, was AQA spec A really hard?? Coz i didnt think it was!
    ICT - A (just too easy!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Hi everyone. For everyone who got good AS results then well dun. Im not too happy at all. Basically i was the borderline king.
    Chemistry - 3 marks of an A - 237 UMS marks
    History - 6 marks of an A - 234 - UMS marks
    Biology - 11 marks of an A - 229 - UMS marks
    Maths - A crappy C which i expected.

Cant believe the chemistry. In foundation chemistry (the easiest exam) i got 69/90 coz apparently thr whole nation did really well in that paper so my raw mark got pushed down to a B.

In history i got A's in 2 of the papers but in the Nazi Germany paper i got a C.

At first i was so angry and upset, but now wen i think bout it i know wot paper to retake in January and i seriously think that in January i will pull at least 2 of those B's up to A's. Is this the right attitude to take or shud i just accept it and say ive dun crap for myself and be stressed out? Tell me ur opinion plz :confused:
    Definitely retake the papers you did poorly on - you'll pull those up easily I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    But that's you. Everyone has different aims and standards, and you can't just say to people that they should be happy if they feel they underachieved or were unlucky.

He has a right to be dissapointed, he was close to getting the grade above in several subjects, and as he said, a simple re-sit here and there could make a big difference.

You can't just tell someone "to get a life" if they did better than you yet they are dissapointed.

if Isaac Newton got a B in A-Level Maths and complained, would you be surprised?
    Hear, hear.

Everyone has different aims depending on how well THEY feel they could do. Congratulations on your marks, danii17, but putting people down because they are unhappy with their grades is definitely not on.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much to everyone who has put my mind to rest. At first wen i got my results i was really upset but ive now realised that to make up 3 marks in chemistry and 6 marks in history in the retakes isnt difficult at all especially wen in both those subjects i had 2 papers as A's and 1 as a C. I think its quite clear wot the 2 retakes r going to be.
    And to that stupid person who was getting all high and mighty and trying to portray me as a snob, ur going to look so so stupid wen u get off ur high horse and realise that i didnt get AABB. I got BBBC. I said that i was 3 marks off an A in chemistry and 6 marks of an A in history. Just thought id put u straight.
    I wont be expecting a justified response from u too quickly.
    Bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Thanks very much to everyone who has put my mind to rest. At first wen i got my results i was really upset but ive now realised that to make up 3 marks in chemistry and 6 marks in history in the retakes isnt difficult at all especially wen in both those subjects i had 2 papers as A's and 1 as a C. I think its quite clear wot the 2 retakes r going to be.
    And to that stupid person who was getting all high and mighty and trying to portray me as a snob, ur going to look so so stupid wen u get off ur high horse and realise that i didnt get AABB. I got BBBC. I said that i was 3 marks off an A in chemistry and 6 marks of an A in history. Just thought id put u straight.
    I wont be expecting a justified response from u too quickly.
    Bye.
    even when i pointed it out to him that u got BBBC, he told me to look again LOL

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.