Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm just doing an RE past paper and have come across this question that confuses me slightly. The question is:

Religious Prejudice is the Worst type of prejudice'
    Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer...

I have non-religious reasons but was stuck on the religious reasons. Maybe its easier than I'm making it seem, like maybe it's literally 'love thy neighbour' or something like that but, nevertheless, I need a religious teaching to support the statement and one to go against it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Support: The Golden Rule (pioneered by Jesus) - 'Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.'
    Against: Anything the Qur'an or Bible says about how those who do not believe in their religion will go to hell, which promotes religious prejudice and makes it seem like the norm.

ReputationRep:
    Throw some biblical quotes in there?

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.