The Student Room Group

I feel worthless and ugly.

im not even ok looking, im ugly. it makes me upset that nobody will date me ever. And I'll be lonely for the rest of my life. I'm 17 and hit me so hard. I have a big belly (look pregnant) and I have the flattest ass. I have big breasts but those are just flabby. I haven't seen a fat woman with small boobs so I know it just comes with being fat so it isn't anything special. I have really bad teeth, I have very bad acne, I have very dark circles (very blue) always look so tired. I'm really short 5'1 which bugs me because 5'6 is meant to be average. Which also makes my fatness show even more. I have discolouration all over my body. I look so ugly and it makes me cry all the time because boys used to bully me back in school and the girls used to laugh with them so I never had any support. My mum and sister make fun of me, say I'll never be as beautiful as them. I'm so upset. I'm not even doing very well academically in my life, I don't have any friends and so I have nothing to hold on to. I don't have much money. I got rejected from every part time job and I've been loooking for one for 2 years. I feel so worthless and people make me feel insecure. And once, on TSR even, I had a selfie on my display picture for 3 hours and this girl who is very popular on this site and people describe her as kind said to me and I quote " You need to wear makeup, asap." People are so impolite, I feel have no purpose. I'm an atheist so I don't have anyone im living for. I feel to commit suicide but I'm too scared. So I'm going to plan something that happens to me out of The blue whilst I'm least expecting it and it's a quick death. I've been to many counsellors and therapists and they haven't helped me. I've been feeling like since I was 14. Nothing has changed. In fact, now at 17, I feel even more worthless because I'm nearly an. I never had a good childhood. I have no good memories. I had one friend and she moved to India then complexly blocked me out of everything for no reason so I have no one. I've also had people make fun of my skin colour, white boys and pakistani/Indian/Bengali boys have told me to bleach my skin. This pakistani boy used to call me charcoal. And this white guy pushed me and said kill yourself blackie. I am done for. This gay friend I used to stick up when everyone was bullying him because he was gay, soon later found out that he did blackface for halloween and captioned it, love the smell of cotton. And I am tired. What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

have just replied to this on the other post of yours - hope it helps
Hey!

I used to also have a lot of acnes but using face wash products from L'oreal I managed to get them off my face. Now my face looks just lovely and clean :yep:

I also used be massive in size (about 90KG) now I am down to (78KG) and my body looks average size right now! Still going for daily walks to keep fit. It may sound hard to do daily walks but once you get used to it, you can't do without it.. Honestly there is not a single day where I don't walk (Unless I am really busy)

Your mom and sister should not be making fun of you, in fact they should be supporting you on this matter, I am so sorry to hear about the way they treat you :frown:

Please do not commit suicide, I also felt massively depressed (to a point where I had a suicide attempt that ended up really badly for me), it is not worth it! I read few books on positive psychology which really helped me start smiling at the world and guess what the world started smiling back at me!

At this point, I regret all the depression I went through and I am very happy with my life (to the point where every breath feels like a blessing).

This could be a change that you could apply to you, not a change in fact.. it is an investment you can make in yourself!

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you would like more help :h: Hope you have a wonderful day :yep:
That really is tragic to read. I can barely imagine how you feel. The only thing I can say really is that you should take some comfort in the fact that everyone has insecurities. How many is a matter of chance, but even people you would expect to have indestructible egos will regularly compare themselves to society's ideals and feel worthless. That's human psychology. Please don't kill yourself. I hope you experience some of the beautiful moments that life has to offer. I hope you realise that, even though society puts so much emphasis on it, there's more to life than looks.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a big belly (look pregnant) and I have the flattest ass. I have big breasts but those are just flabby.

If you really want to change you can go to the gym or workout at home there are plenty of videos online :smile:

I have really bad teeth, I have very bad acne, I have very dark circles (very blue) always look so tired

If you think your teeth are bad, go to the dentist and see what they say. Bad acne = go to the doctor.
Dark circles could be genetic, from lack of sleep or dehydration. A colour correcting concealer can also help. (If you have blue tints use an orange concealer)

I'm really short 5'1 which bugs me because 5'6 is meant to be average. Which also makes my fatness show even more.

When you feel bad about yourself you usually look for more reasons to hate yourself. Your height shouldnt even bother you because its not even important what the "average" is. Im like 5'1/2, why do you want to be average?

I have discolouration all over my body. I look so ugly and it makes me cry all the time because boys used to bully me back in school and the girls used to laugh with them so I never had any support. My mum and sister make fun of me, say I'll never be as beautiful as them.

Relax, think about why you have discolouration, again, maybe you can talk to your doctor about it?
Im sorry that you were bullied. Many of us go through bullying and its not a pleasant experience at all. I dont really have any advice here because I just endured mine until they gave up.
Your family shouldnt be making fun of you, just remember that beauty is subjective.

I'm so upset. I'm not even doing very well academically in my life, I don't have any friends and so I have nothing to hold on to. I don't have much money. I got rejected from every part time job and I've been loooking for one for 2 years.

Im sure you're not doing well because you're upset. (I know I was) Self improvement starts somewhere, and you can start to feel better about yourself if you make an effort trust me. Also, jobs are hard to get, but don't give up searching!

I feel so worthless and people make me feel insecure. And once, on TSR even, I had a selfie on my display picture for 3 hours and this girl who is very popular on this site and people describe her as kind said to me and I quote " You need to wear makeup, asap." People are so impolite, I feel have no purpose. I'm an atheist so I don't have anyone im living for.

Please do not determine your worth through other peoples opinions. There really is more to life than that, you just haven't experienced it yet.

I'm an atheist so I don't have anyone im living for. I feel to commit suicide but I'm too scared. So I'm going to plan something that happens to me out of The blue whilst I'm least expecting it and it's a quick death. I've been to many counsellors and therapists and they haven't helped me. I've been feeling like since I was 14. Nothing has changed. In fact, now at 17, I feel even more worthless because I'm nearly an. I never had a good childhood. I have no good memories. I had one friend and she moved to India then complexly blocked me out of everything for no reason so I have no one. I've also had people make fun of my skin colour, white boys and pakistani/Indian/Bengali boys have told me to bleach my skin. This pakistani boy used to call me charcoal. And this white guy pushed me and said kill yourself blackie. I am done for. This gay friend I used to stick up when everyone was bullying him because he was gay, soon later found out that he did blackface for halloween and captioned it, love the smell of cotton. And I am tired. What do I do?

Please do not ever attempt suicide, I know tons of people probably would say this but it really isn't the way to go, you wouldn't feel any better about yourself. The past is the past, you can use it to improve and develop into a better person.

Im sure you are tired, but please do not give up. Only you can change your mindset and situation. I would start by making small efforts everyday or doing some self care. (Take a bath/shower, go on a walk, treat yourself) After this you can take baby steps towards anything you have a problem with. Don't try to look for more reasons to hate yourself. You are only 17.
i hope you get better. I can't say i understand tooo much but I do feel you a bit. I'm sorry this is happening. Please please don't hurt yourself and idk how but find something to live for to give you motivation. I'm so sorry.
seems your going through a rough time at the minute. cant say i can empathise with you but friends of mine have had severe depression and lack of self esteem like you seem to have. maybe try talking to some mates at school who you can definitely trust or a counsellor or something, its nothing to be ashamed of and acknowledging the issue is always a positive step and the first one in recovering. Feel free to pm if you ever wanna talk. hope things work out for you!
Reply 7
Original post by Sweetpeasw
have just replied to this on the other post of yours - hope it helps

Original post by Steljoy
Hey!

I used to also have a lot of acnes but using face wash products from L'oreal I managed to get them off my face. Now my face looks just lovely and clean :yep:

I also used be massive in size (about 90KG) now I am down to (78KG) and my body looks average size right now! Still going for daily walks to keep fit. It may sound hard to do daily walks but once you get used to it, you can't do without it.. Honestly there is not a single day where I don't walk (Unless I am really busy)

Your mom and sister should not be making fun of you, in fact they should be supporting you on this matter, I am so sorry to hear about the way they treat you :frown:

Please do not commit suicide, I also felt massively depressed (to a point where I had a suicide attempt that ended up really badly for me), it is not worth it! I read few books on positive psychology which really helped me start smiling at the world and guess what the world started smiling back at me!

At this point, I regret all the depression I went through and I am very happy with my life (to the point where every breath feels like a blessing).

This could be a change that you could apply to you, not a change in fact.. it is an investment you can make in yourself!

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you would like more help :h: Hope you have a wonderful day :yep:

Original post by Alaric III
That really is tragic to read. I can barely imagine how you feel. The only thing I can say really is that you should take some comfort in the fact that everyone has insecurities. How many is a matter of chance, but even people you would expect to have indestructible egos will regularly compare themselves to society's ideals and feel worthless. That's human psychology. Please don't kill yourself. I hope you experience some of the beautiful moments that life has to offer. I hope you realise that, even though society puts so much emphasis on it, there's more to life than looks.

Original post by Faloodeh
If you really want to change you can go to the gym or workout at home there are plenty of videos online :smile:

If you think your teeth are bad, go to the dentist and see what they say. Bad acne = go to the doctor.
Dark circles could be genetic, from lack of sleep or dehydration. A colour correcting concealer can also help. (If you have blue tints use an orange concealer)

When you feel bad about yourself you usually look for more reasons to hate yourself. Your height shouldnt even bother you because its not even important what the "average" is. Im like 5'1/2, why do you want to be average?

Relax, think about why you have discolouration, again, maybe you can talk to your doctor about it?
Im sorry that you were bullied. Many of us go through bullying and its not a pleasant experience at all. I dont really have any advice here because I just endured mine until they gave up.
Your family shouldnt be making fun of you, just remember that beauty is subjective.

Im sure you're not doing well because you're upset. (I know I was) Self improvement starts somewhere, and you can start to feel better about yourself if you make an effort trust me. Also, jobs are hard to get, but don't give up searching!

Please do not determine your worth through other peoples opinions. There really is more to life than that, you just haven't experienced it yet.

Please do not ever attempt suicide, I know tons of people probably would say this but it really isn't the way to go, you wouldn't feel any better about yourself. The past is the past, you can use it to improve and develop into a better person.

Im sure you are tired, but please do not give up. Only you can change your mindset and situation. I would start by making small efforts everyday or doing some self care. (Take a bath/shower, go on a walk, treat yourself) After this you can take baby steps towards anything you have a problem with. Don't try to look for more reasons to hate yourself. You are only 17.

Original post by thisperson9
i hope you get better. I can't say i understand tooo much but I do feel you a bit. I'm sorry this is happening. Please please don't hurt yourself and idk how but find something to live for to give you motivation. I'm so sorry.

Original post by neal95
seems your going through a rough time at the minute. cant say i can empathise with you but friends of mine have had severe depression and lack of self esteem like you seem to have. maybe try talking to some mates at school who you can definitely trust or a counsellor or something, its nothing to be ashamed of and acknowledging the issue is always a positive step and the first one in recovering. Feel free to pm if you ever wanna talk. hope things work out for you!

Thank you everybody :frown:
Reply 8
Start exercising, get a gym program. If you're too insecure to go to the gym, you can get a home program. Or just start doing walks/jogs.. and start eating clean! If you're fat, it's because of bad habits, namely lack of exercise and poor diet and nothing else.

If you change those two things, it will absolutely change your life. You will instantly start feeling better and in 6 months you'll be normal sized.

MY LIFE CHANGED 11 MONTHS AGO. I had similar problems to yours, albeit not to the same extent. I was slightly overweight and massively depressed as no one seemed to respect/appreciate me. I had suicidal thoughts I started a professionally designed gym program and I also started following a healthy diet. I lost 10kg in 2 months and almost 20kg in 5 months. I could have lost more, but didn't have to as I reached such a low bodyfat that there was no point in losing anymore. I'm focused on building muscle now. Now I am relatively athletic-looking and confident, most importantly I appreciate myself. I can see that other people do as well.

The only thing that is absolutely imperative is that you start NOW and STICK to a healthy lifestyle. Most of your problems are going to start fixing themselves before you notice it. I promise you <3.
Reply 9
Original post by Thomazo
Start exercising, get a gym program. If you're too insecure to go to the gym, you can get a home program. Or just start doing walks/jogs.. and start eating clean! If you're fat, it's because of bad habits, namely lack of exercise and poor diet and nothing else.

If you change those two things, it will absolutely change your life. You will instantly start feeling better and in 6 months you'll be normal sized.

MY LIFE CHANGED 11 MONTHS AGO. I had similar problems to yours, albeit not to the same extent. I was slightly overweight and massively depressed as no one seemed to respect/appreciate me. I had suicidal thoughts I started a professionally designed gym program and I also started following a healthy diet. I lost 10kg in 2 months and almost 20kg in 5 months. I could have lost more, but didn't have to as I reached such a low bodyfat that there was no point in losing anymore. I'm focused on building muscle now. Now I am relatively athletic-looking and confident, most importantly I appreciate myself. I can see that other people do as well.

The only thing that is absolutely imperative is that you start NOW and STICK to a healthy lifestyle. Most of your problems are going to start fixing themselves before you notice it. I promise you <3.

Thanks <3 but that's only 1 of my 99 probelms, I don't think I'll be happy just from that
Post me a pic in PM, I bet you are even more attractive than you think you are
I'm really, really sorry for you... Don't commit suicide, please!
If it makes you feel better, PM me a selfie and I can tell you what I think you really look like... I see few people as truly ugly, and I'm sure you must be pretty in a way!
Keep strong, and wishing you the best of luck!
Reply 12
Thanks <3 but that's only 1 of my 99 probelms, I don't think I'll be happy just from that

PM me the name of the popular user who picked on you.

Do not worry, im the same age as you, stay positive and remember there is a lot more you have in life
Stay strong, I'm sure you are beautiful! Don't listen to others
Original post by yungaheartz

this

No, you do not understand. What one problem? I just said that starting a healthy lifestyle would fix, or at least help with immensely, most of the problems you describe.

You'll look better. This will instantly fix all the problems related to your appearance. People won't "laugh" at your looks or make fun of them when you look fit, or even normal. They will respect you as a normal-looking person.

Exercise will boost you'll self esteem and make you feel better. It's a researched fact, which I too discovered instantly. You'll know that you are valuable.

The fact that you are healthy will also make you socially more respectable and attractive. People who take care of themselves are respected.

Being healthy will also help with the skin issues you describe. Also, most of the skin issues like acne can be cured by medication. See a doctor, please do.

I'm not saying that a healthy lifestyle will absolutely fix all your "99 problems". But at this point what you have to do is everything in your power to fix as many of them as you can and turn your life around. And starting a helathy lifestyle is the number one thing you can easily do right now to get your life on the right track.
Original post by yungaheartz

I can't but thanks
Original post by ClearSky
I'm really, really sorry for you... Don't commit suicide, please!
If it makes you feel better, PM me a selfie and I can tell you what I think you really look like... I see few people as truly ugly, and I'm sure you must be pretty in a way!
Keep strong, and wishing you the best of luck!

I don't want to embarass myself :frown: I break the scale of ugliness
Original post by lmaowut
PM me the name of the popular user who picked on you.

Do not worry, im the same age as you, stay positive and remember there is a lot more you have in life

i don't want to start drama , thank you :smile:
Original post by dxvid
Stay strong, I'm sure you are beautiful! Don't listen to others

omg thank you :frown: I'm not

Latest

Trending

Trending