Forgotten hero of Stockholm Watch

Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This brave man drove into the truck that murdered 4 people during the Stockholm terror attack and got next to no coverage. I'm sure barely any of you have heard about this.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...Santiago-Cueva

Why wasn't this in the major news broadcasts?!
r3035
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
because he's white
annex gibraltar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by r3035)
because he's white
He's not, try harder.
r3035
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annex gibraltar)
He's not, try harder.
He's not Muslim

so they can't say " look , it's not all Muslims"
annex gibraltar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by r3035)
He's not Muslim

so they can't say " look , it's not all Muslims"
Why are you changing the subject?
EternalLight
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's from the Express so it's probably fake. Sounds like one mans word with no backup claims which is why news outlets like the Express pick this stuff up.
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dodgypirate)
This brave man drove into the truck that murdered 4 people during the Stockholm terror attack and got next to no coverage. I'm sure barely any of you have heard about this.

remember when Bill Maher said something like the 9/11 bombers were brave and not afraid or something and he ended up getting fired from his previous show?
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dodgypirate)

Why should this have been in major news broadcasts?

There doesn't appear to be any evidence that these events had actually happened other than the guy's own word.

It seems a little far-fetched that this guy's reaction time was quick enough to:

a) Observe what was happening and conclude that this guy was a terrorist.
b) Determine where/how they should drive their vehicle to stop the attacked.
c) Stop the attacker.

If an authority (eg. the police) comes out and praises this guy then by all means kudos to them.

I'd say that most broadcasts don't cover a story unless there is substantial evidence that said thing happened. Of course, the Daily Mail and Express (the only sites who have covered it) would do so anyway since their standards are far lower.
NigelFarridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Stop reading the Daily Express, it makes entire news stories out of thin air sometimes.
astutehirstute
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Typical left wing tactics on this thread. Dismiss a story that you can find on many sources worldwide because it appears in the Express not the biased BBC.

But why did the BBC not cover it? Who knows frankly? Their news values defy rational explanation. But the poster on this thread was right. If this guy had been a Muslim it would have been all over the lying liberal media especially the BBC.
NigelFarridge
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by astutehirstute)
Typical left wing tactics on this thread. Dismiss a story that you can find on many sources worldwide because it appears in the Express not the biased BBC.

But why did the BBC not cover it? Who knows frankly? Their news values defy rational explanation. But the poster on this thread was right. If this guy had been a Muslim it would have been all over the lying liberal media especially the BBC.
This is the same Daily Express which:

- claimed that IS and the IRA were working together

- warned of a non-existent February 'arctic freeze of -10 degrees', and does the same prediction every year (http://www.express.co.uk/news/weathe...us-ten-degrees)

- Claims that the Euro is going to crash every single month

- Claims that alien pyramids have been found under Antarctica

The Daily Express has a reputation for taking single quotes and making entire stories out of them. If someone had actually prevented this attack, more than the Daily Express or Mail would be reporting it.

But go ahead and be a little baby and whinge about how 'the left' is manipulating it. Well guess what buddy, criticising the Daily Express does NOT EQUAL being left wing. You can be anti-idiot and be right wing. So either accept that or go back to your safe space where facts don't matter.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Dismiss a story because no real evidence of it happening had been presented.

Oooh! Left wing! So terrible!
EternalLight
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

What sources? Link a single credible one.

(Original post by NigelFarridge)
This is the same Daily Express which:

- claimed that IS and the IRA were working together

- warned of a non-existent February 'arctic freeze of -10 degrees', and does the same prediction every year (http://www.express.co.uk/news/weathe...us-ten-degrees)

- Claims that the Euro is going to crash every single month

- Claims that alien pyramids have been found under Antarctica

The Daily Express has a reputation for taking single quotes and making entire stories out of them. If someone had actually prevented this attack, more than the Daily Express or Mail would be reporting it.

But go ahead and be a little baby and whinge about how 'the left' is manipulating it. Well guess what buddy, criticising the Daily Express does NOT EQUAL being left wing. You can be anti-idiot and be right wing. So either accept that or go back to your safe space where facts don't matter.
It's just clickbait. These types of news outlets rely on uneducated people to read their newspaper so they often have to come up with clickbait or "buybait" headlines to make the uneducated read them.
astutehirstute
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Dismiss a story because no real evidence of it happening had been presented.

Oooh! Left wing! So terrible!
There are quotes of interviews with him all over the web. You can watch him being interviewed on Swedish TV if you want.

Could he be making it all up? Yes of course he could. Could he be exaggerating? Yes. Or he could be a great unsung hero ignored here because it wasn't reported by the BBC?

He could have been quoted in the BBC and then all you left wing lemmings would instantly have believed it. It would have been suddenly true.

Because it was reported in the Express you disbelieve him. Call him a liar. Same person, same story, not your preferred medium, so a lie.

Left wing? Yes. Terrible? Yes. . No wonder no-one trusts any media outlet nowadays.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are quotes of interviews with him all over the web. You can watch him being interviewed on Swedish TV if you want.

Could he be making it all up? Yes of course he could. Could he be exaggerating? Yes. Or he could be a great unsung hero ignored here because it wasn't reported by the BBC?

He could have been quoted in the BBC and then all you left wing lemmings would instantly have believed it. It would have been suddenly true.

Because it was reported in the Express you disbelieve him. Call him a liar. Same person, same story, not your preferred medium, so a lie.

Left wing? Yes. Terrible? Yes. . No wonder no-one trusts any media outlet nowadays.
At no point have I said that a requirement for a story to be believed is that it's covered by the BBC. Learn to read.

Likewise, at no point have I ever said that a story is inherently false if it's reported by the Express. If I did believe that then I never would have read the article. Instead I've read the article, checked for any sources and have found none.

Since the story itself isn't very believable and the only UK sites covering it are known for their sensationalism I'm happy to bet that it isn't true or at least very inaccurate. Unfortunately I cannot read Swedish so I am unable to check the Swedish sites that are reporting this.

I can't say definitely that it's false either, so do yourself a favour and calm down.
CompSciEngineer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good for him nice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (72)