HELP!!!
SkylineS4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FirasHafiz_2K1)
HELP!!!

There's no need to, all you need is to remember the best bits from your 6 favorite poems. Make sure they fit into different themes so don't just choose 4 based on war. I created flashcards with annotations of key quotes from my 6 favorite poems then I created just basic language and structure points for every poem as a backup incase something like Checking Out Me History comes up.
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FirasHafiz_2K1)
HELP!!!
Are you sure they are not even printed, if not just do your best!
SkylineS4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
Are you sure they are not even printed, if not just do your best!
No, in the exam only one poem is printed and you have to compare it to another poem of your choice. It makes sense to remember one poem but in the power and conflict cluster, there are more themes than just power and conflict. For example loss, anger and nature.
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SkylineS4)
No, in the exam only one poem is printed and you have to compare it to another poem of your choice. It makes sense to remember one poem but in the power and conflict cluster, there are more themes than just power and conflict. For example loss, anger and nature.
Thematic pairs maybe?
SkylineS4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
Thematic pairs maybe?
You could try but like I said it depends on the question they give you. For example in the specimen paper it just says compare how power is presented in x and another poem of your choice but yesterday I did a practice paper and one question said compare how the poet conveys anger in London and another poem.
urgurlbecca
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SkylineS4)
There's no need to, all you need is to remember the best bits from your 6 favorite poems. Make sure they fit into different themes so don't just choose 4 based on war. I created flashcards with annotations of key quotes from my 6 favorite poems then I created just basic language and structure points for every poem as a backup incase something like Checking Out Me History comes up.
you wut

i didn't realise you could do this
SkylineS4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I know I thought of the idea when my english teacher said you practice annotating all the poems or just your favorite, I can quickly remember flashcards so that's what I did. #IHelped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?