angiarchi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am a 2nd year student and have been advised that my best option is to defer my studies and start the year again September. I have recently dislocated my shoulder and broken my arm. I will still have rent and utilities pay for my accommodation and will be unable to work for at least the next four weeks possibly longer. Will I still be entitled to my maintenance loan to cover these cost, I have all the medical evidence? Will I have to pay all of the tuition loan? I have made my loan application for 2017-18 does this alter with me doing year 2 again rather than it being my final year? Thanks
Elizabeth SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Angiarchi, if you are suspending due to medical reasons you can apply to discretionary payments team to keep your current funding in place. You will be required to provide three months bank statements with any debt or arrears letters.

With regards to your tuition fees you will need to speak to your university. Your previous study would be taken into account to work out your eligibility although if you have compelling reasons why you were unable to complete your course you can provide evidence from your doctor for example.

We will require to know the dates effected and how this effected your studies.
Anne SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, If your university confirm you have suspended due to health grounds you are entitled to an additional 60 days support from the date of your suspension. Please ask your university to send over confirmation the reasons of your suspension. They will need to also notify us of your tuition fee liability for academic year 16/17. If this is your first repeat year your course will be covered however attendance on a previous course may affect your entitlement. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.76%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (643)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads