The Student Room Group

GCSE past papers

How many times should you do each past paper
Reply 1
Original post by Cawo121
How many times should you do each past paper

Hi,

When I would do past papers, I would do one and then get my teacher to mark it and point out the key areas im weaker on or if im producing any common errors that reoccur. I then would go and study and revise those areas and practice with some questions. Then, grab another past paper and try going through it and get teacher to look again and see if those same types of areas are improving and if my common errors are resolving. I tend to rinse and repeat this until I could confidently do a past paper and get a good score without many silly little errors.
Just go through all the past papers and perhaps start repeating the past ones you've done once you think you have improved.

But, it all depends on what sort of learner you are. I hope my point of view helps :smile:

Feel free to ask any questions :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Kraggor
Hi,

When I would do past papers, I would do one and then get my teacher to mark it and point out the key areas im weaker on or if im producing any common errors that reoccur. I then would go and study and revise those areas and practice with some questions. Then, grab another past paper and try going through it and get teacher to look again and see if those same types of areas are improving and if my common errors are resolving. I tend to rinse and repeat this until I could confidently do a past paper and get a good score without many silly little errors.
Just go through all the past papers and perhaps start repeating the past ones you've done once you think you have improved.

But, it all depends on what sort of learner you are. I hope my point of view helps :smile:

Feel free to ask any questions :h:

I was planning on doing at least all science papers 5 times at least and focusing on where Inwent wrong
Reply 3
Original post by Cawo121
I was planning on doing at least all science papers 5 times at least and focusing on where Inwent wrong

I would personally just with doing a few once and then looking at those areas where you are perhaps weaker or if you do get those habits and common errors then do some revision and practice and then go back to the past papers.
I found that just doing the past papers isnt that much help as you just practice your current level with no improvement.

You'll just need to do them as many timesas you need to, to get to where you want to be.

Hope it makes sense xD
Reply 4
Original post by Kraggor
I would personally just with doing a few once and then looking at those areas where you are perhaps weaker or if you do get those habits and common errors then do some revision and practice and then go back to the past papers.
I found that just doing the past papers isnt that much help as you just practice your current level with no improvement.

You'll just need to do them as many timesas you need to, to get to where you want to be.

Hope it makes sense xD

I suppose that is better
Reply 5
Original post by Cawo121
I suppose that is better

It's only a different viewpoint, you can do whatever is best for you and your way of learning, as long as you are seeing results in your methods then it's all good, right? ahaha :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Kraggor
It's only a different viewpoint, you can do whatever is best for you and your way of learning, as long as you are seeing results in your methods then it's all good, right? ahaha :smile:

Thank you 👌🏼
Reply 7
Do emm a few times look through and read the mark scheme so you can familiarise yourself with exactly how you pick up marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest