I am almost sure he has feelings for me but he won't admit

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So this guy that I've been doing a group project with. I like him and he knows this. I am pretty sure he has feelings for me. However his friends told me he hasn't been in a relationship for a long time and does not enjoy being in one. Everything he does and says though it suggests that he does feel something for me. And this is not even a case where I think I'm super attractive so he must like me. (I'm a fairly attractive girl but nothing special.) One day I teased him saying we should be together and he didn't even seem against the idea. He started asking oh yeah so would you wanna go on a date etc or what would you want in a relationship with me. At that time I brushed it off because if he can't even admit his feelings to me then it's best to not be with him. But it's bothering me, why is he denying his feelings for me?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why does he need to admit his feelings if he's 1) asked you out on a date and 2) asked what you want in a relationship with him? I think that's pretty obvious right there. The fact that you "brushed it off" will probably put doubt in his mind. Maybe you should be the one to ask him out now.
Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So this guy that I've been doing a group project with. I like him and he knows this. I am pretty sure he has feelings for me. However his friends told me he hasn't been in a relationship for a long time and does not enjoy being in one. Everything he does and says though it suggests that he does feel something for me. And this is not even a case where I think I'm super attractive so he must like me. (I'm a fairly attractive girl but nothing special.) One day I teased him saying we should be together and he didn't even seem against the idea. He started asking oh yeah so would you wanna go on a date etc or what would you want in a relationship with me. At that time I brushed it off because if he can't even admit his feelings to me then it's best to not be with him. But it's bothering me, why is he denying his feelings for me?
Hi,

It's seems quite clear that maybe he is abit on the naive and shy side, as you said his friend told you he hasn't been in a relationship for a long time and didn't like being in one so maybe he is worried about whether it is the right thing or has lost his confidence in this area.
You went in by teasing him about being together and he played along because he can sort of say the truth but can use it as a backup if you said you were joking.
If you have feelings for him and you think he does too, I would honestly take the lead in this one and tell him how you feel in a more serious matter and go from there. This will allow him to be more comfortable and open up more about how he truly feels and perhaps start to take a lead.
I don't think he is denying at all though, I think he just confirmation and a confidence boost
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Why does he need to admit his feelings if he's 1) asked you out on a date and 2) asked what you want in a relationship with him? I think that's pretty obvious right there. The fact that you "brushed it off" will probably put doubt in his mind. Maybe you should be the one to ask him out now.
Because he seemed to be joking about it. Like it wasn't a serious talk and when I brushed it off at first it didn't seem like he was bothered about it. But then he suddenly became cold towards me so I know my reaction might have annoyed him. But hey he knows I like him and him joking around gives me the impression that he's not serious and doesn't want to be with me, even if he feels something for me.
(Original post by Kraggor)
Hi,

It's seems quite clear that maybe he is abit on the naive and shy side, as you said his friend told you he hasn't been in a relationship for a long time and didn't like being in one so maybe he is worried about whether it is the right thing or has lost his confidence in this area.
You went in by teasing him about being together and he played along because he can sort of say the truth but can use it as a backup if you said you were joking.
If you have feelings for him and you think he does too, I would honestly take the lead in this one and tell him how you feel in a more serious matter and go from there. This will allow him to be more comfortable and open up more about how he truly feels and perhaps start to take a lead.
I don't think he is denying at all though, I think he just confirmation and a confidence boost
I understand what you mean and I do think he doesn't have the confidence in that area for whatever reason.
I don't understand because if he knows I like him, he doesn't need to joke about being with me? It just gives me the impression that he's denying his feelings if he has any.
Thanks for the responses I will at least try and get to know him more and maybe make a move on him myself and see how he reacts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.85%
I don't have everything I need (293)
43.15%

Watched Threads