The Student Room Group

Is it worth paying uni fees upfront all at once?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by honour
I guess it is. But after graduation, you'll suddenly find yourself having to pay for your rent/mortgage, food, clothing e.t.c. in addition to working full time. Wouldn't it be better if you kind of prepare for that kind of thing whilst at university?

You know, some parents do actually teach their kids how to handle money and other life skills before sending them off to university to fend for themselves...Sucks for the people with parents who didn't but for the rest of us it's great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usualsuspects
The idea is that I'll earn enough to cover my lifestyle without struggling. And my parents will support me 100% until I find the high-paying job I want.

I'm getting a house when I graduate because my parents are leaving the country. My parents don't want me to struggle and I'm grateful for this and if others feel this is unfair and I should 'feel the struggle' of grad life, then :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: them. I hope they enjoy their experience and I'll make the most of mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My concern for the OP is the extra pressure to achieve that would come from his parents footing the bill. Let's say he's like me and drops out in the second year after blowing £18k of their money. I wouldn't want to have that conversation.

As others have already said, the money would be better invested in support for buying a house or starting up a business in the real world when all the university insanity has played out and the real problems start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending