How to effectively learn all the vocab for the Spanish higher tier exams (AQA) Watch

Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Now, despite getting A* in all my courseworks, which we rushed in Year 11 due to the fact that we spend most of Year 9/10 with pathetic, supply teachers. I am now in an awkward position where after printing out the minimum vocab, I have realised- I AM COMPLETELY SCREWED. Lol. I really want to get all A*s in my GCSE's (I done Chemistry and Physics early and got A*) and an A in the early AS for Critical Thinking (which is apparently a useless AS, but I still want an A), but Spanish, along with ICT (due to coursework-more supply teachers) are essentially the bane of my existence. I have a lot revise in the next few weeks, but Spanish is just this behemoth of information I straight out do not know, and I have no idea how to learn all this vocab in the span of few days. I yolo'ed my mocks and got an A over all- thanks to my coursework grades, but still- not an A*. I would really like some advice from people on TSR on how I can deal with this issue. Or should I just leave Spanish and focus on my other GCSE's and make sure they are A*s, as that appears to be more feasible and then never talk about Spanish.
PS: My school forces you to take 1 Foreign Languages, and I sincerely hate them for making me do a subject I despised and was quite bad at. Science is my game, not languages.
I sincerely hate Michael Gove for being a crap Minister of Education and making my current year group the guinea pigs to. The fat, backstabbing sob.
zebrakid
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi! i did my spanish gcses 2 years ago and got an A*, now doing a-level spanish.

i'd really recommend breaking up the vocab you need to know into topics and then writing up the vocab you feel least confident with. make flashcards of this and test yourself on it every. single. day. it seems too much but really it doesn't take long and it works amazingly.

something else i'll say is that to remember that learning vocab isn't all you have to do for spanish - remember to do loads of past papers and really get to know the topics well, as well as the grammar.

good luck!
Shuj.T
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I am currently doing my GCSE and in the same boat

Quizlet is something I am using for vocab in particualr there is someone who has added all the topics from the AQA vocab list into a quizlet class:
https://quizlet.com/class/1645577/

Just go throught topic by topic and also dont forget to redo topics after to really consolidate your knowledge.
Good Luck!
Mosope17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Memrise is your best friend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%