Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got my results, and I got a B and a C, but I missed one of my Sociology exams, and as a result, I got a U for Socilogy. I have no idea what to do now. Will any uni's accept me with two A-levels-or will the uni's of my choice, Essex and Lancaster accept me if I beg?

ReputationRep:
    No, missing the exam was pretty much my idiotic fault-I appealed to the exam but I got a U anyway.

Essex and Lancaster want BBC-my first choice is Essex,though I am willing to settle for any top 25 university. I really do not want to wait a year, since that is one wasted year of my life, and I really want to go to university this year.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for a course in Politics. I phoned Essex and they said I had not, as of yet, been rejected, and they said they would phone/e-mail me in order to inform me about their decision. Lancaster seem to be continously busy. If both reject me, then I have to go through clearing, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inderjit S)
    I have applied for a course in Politics. I phoned Essex and they said I had not, as of yet, been rejected, and they said they would phone/e-mail me in order to inform me about their decision. Lancaster seem to be continously busy. If both reject me, then I have to go through clearing, right?
    From last results day Lancaster were very busy when someone I know was trying to get through

ReputationRep:
    Wow....I just logged in to my UCAS username to see how my results were progressing and it turns out that I received and unconditional offer from Lancaster, but when I received their first reply they claimed they were giving me a conditional offer.It was "updated" on the 18th of August. No idea what on earth is going on there I am not really well versed in university rules and regulations so any help on that occurrence would be helpful.

I would still prefer Essex though, I know more people around there. And thanks for taking the time out to help.

ReputationRep:
    Great! Just one more thing (sorry If I am sounding like a ignorant twit here) but since they have offered me an unconditional offer-what do I do now. Do I have to phone them and confirm that I am going, since they were my second choice, or even if Essex to reject me and they become my first choice, do I phone them or is it superfluous to do so?

ReputationRep:
    hehehe well I am kind of drunk now anyway, so looking forward to my replies.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.