The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham

Fashion marketing or fashion buying and retail management

I'm considering studying one of these courses and I just want to know what studying at this uni is like. Are Rochester and Epsom good places to live? Are the people friendly?
I will be studying fashion buying retail management this fall at the Rochester campus. I was in your situation a couple of months back and was told that Epsom is a bigger campus but the nightlife isn't up to scratch, whereas the Rochester campus is smaller and has a few clubs but is also 30 minutes to London if that doesn't satisfy you. In terms of the two courses, I advise looking at the course modules to see what interests you and what you'll find less challenging. I went with FBRM because it relates to my future plans which is fashion buying 😂 The course also opens doors to other careers such as Visual merchandising, HR, Supply
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham
Original post by Temigirl93
In terms of the two courses, I advise looking at the course modules to see what interests you and what you'll find less challenging.

I'm curious why you recommend swerving the challenging options, as those offer opportunities for acquiring more knowledge than the easy gains?
Original post by DrSocSciences
I'm curious why you recommend swerving the challenging options, as those offer opportunities for acquiring more knowledge than the easy gains?

What I meant was consider what complements your skills academically. Doing this doesn't limit what you can learn throughout your degree but instead compliments your academic strengths which can lead you to seek the opportunities that require more knowledge. It's more of a smart way to think rather than an easy way out.
Original post by Temigirl93
What I meant was consider what complements your skills academically. Doing this doesn't limit what you can learn throughout your degree but instead compliments your academic strengths which can lead you to seek the opportunities that require more knowledge. It's more of a smart way to think rather than an easy way out.

No, I still don't buy that, as you're simply reinforcing existing perceived strengths and rejecting opportunities for genuine growth and development via an expanded knowledge base. I don't see that as "smart." It's just the path of least resistance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending