Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 373, 373, and 373, 3 B's
    missing A by 7 for all 3 subjects

If i was on the lucky side, things would have been very different.

Anyone else like me with really annoying results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobytoby)
    I got 373, 373, and 373, 3 B's
    missing A by 7 for all 3 subjects

If i was on the lucky side, things would have been very different.

Anyone else like me with really annoying results?
    You mean 473?!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I missed an A by around 5 marks (dont know the exact boundaries) in Biology, I am extremely annoyed, thankfully this only fuels my desire to get better results next year!

Chemistry I got a B but I know why- the practical paper. I got the shakes, things exploded, turned green when they shouldn't have etc.etc.

I need to get going if I am to get's A's next year (thats the plan you see).

ReputationRep:
    i'm a little unlucky - but at least i got my uni place - kings to do medicine

i got ABBB

two of the Bs were 479 and 478 for maths and physics respectively - i'm annoyed but i should get them upped with a remark - i am happy to have got in though - just would be nice to get in with better grades - especially since i was predicted AAAA

ReputationRep:
    Im abit annoyed as i got ABC and was only one ums mark from gettin ABB. thankfully i still got into my firm!

ReputationRep:
    i missed my chem grade by 8 marks theres no point getting it remarked theres no chance ill get it up to an A. no UCL for me boohoohoo.............

ReputationRep:
    I got ABB and I was 1 ums mark from AAB, law being the offending item

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    You mean 473?!

:rolleyes:

oppss

yes, i do mean 473 lol

ReputationRep:
    My friend needed BBC but got BCC by 2 marks!! 2!! I'm not sure if they are letting her in anyway though..

ReputationRep:
    one of my friends missed an A in 3 subjects by 1 UMS mark, he got the grades he needed but is still fairly annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    i missed an A in sociology by 3 points :mad:

oh well, i'm still in awe of my B in spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnight)
    one of my friends missed an A in 3 subjects by 1 UMS mark, he got the grades he needed but is still fairly annoyed.
    Tell him he might want to consider a re-mark. However also tell him that the grades could also go down.

ReputationRep:
    i got AAABa
    - missed an A in maths by 4 ums. would it be worth asking for a remark?

ReputationRep:
    My whole History set's marks have been completely messed up. No one got an A. I got given a bloody D! And was expected an A. I don't understand how it happened to be honest. It's being sent back etc., but I'll probably just have to do it all again. Except for that, my results were fine, A in Spanish, A in Psychology, B in French (giving it up). It's just that really random History..

ReputationRep:
    i missed my uni place by 3 marks on chem (3 marks off an A and i rang up but they cant let me in coz its oversubscribed) so unfair, i have to retake now! was7 marks off an A in maths too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaholden)
    i missed my uni place by 3 marks on chem (3 marks off an A and i rang up but they cant let me in coz its oversubscribed) so unfair, i have to retake now! was7 marks off an A in maths too
    I got AABB (but got one of the As in the wrong subject), and they still didn't love me but I'm not going to wallow in my misery, I managed to find myself the perfect place

P.S: I didn't realise how daunting clearing was, good luck to anyone who's still searching!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    i missed my chem grade by 8 marks theres no point getting it remarked theres no chance ill get it up to an A. no UCL for me boohoohoo.............
    Why are you so sure? I've seen people go up 12 marks on one paper before, what have you got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    If your university might consider you after a re-mark go for it! However, remarking is slightly risky, the person from Edexcel said grades were rarely changed after a re-mark and there's the added risk that they might go down. If you really have set your heart on a certain university, and desperately want to go there, then retaking your A Levels is worth it. Most sixth forms/colleges should allow you to resit modules in January etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaholden)
    you will find somewhere for chemistry, it's such an unpopular subject (there were people on my brothers course at leeds with DDD)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel I got 477 in two of my subjects and missed out on my firm choice because of it. It is just annoying because I was 6 marks away from 3 A's

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.