To those claiming the United Airlines case was not racially motivated - evidence Watch

James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

This important detail is presented in the first three minutes of the video:

TLDR*: The UAL staff generated a list of 4 passengers that they would ask to leave the plane. They approached the first 3 of them, and they refused to exit.

Then they approached Dr. Dao, who refused to leave just like the 3 before him. But Dr. Dao was the one being knocked unconscious and dragged off.

I knew it. This type of things are rarely random. People usually pick on Asians as the easy target.

Video Transcribed 1:17 to 1:52, where passenger Jayse Anspach describes how he witnessed the asian doctor treated differently from the other passengers asked to leave:

Witness: They left the plane after telling us “well we’re going to choose for you,” ‘cause there were no volunteers, and they came back with four tickets with the plane--er the seat number, and the name, and they just came up to those individuals.
CNN: Was the doctor the first one they came to, or did anyone exit before the doctor?
Witness: Nobody exited before the doctor – but there was a couple people that were asked first—and it appeared they denied—and they also refused at that moment, so they went straight to the doctor,so that is when it escalated—
CNN: --So he did nothing different—he did nothing different, the doctor, in his refusal--as far as you could tell--than the people before him, who said “No I’m not leaving”?
Witness: Yeah, he did nothing different, but, it just, it escalated, y’know.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Eyewitness evidence from two white guys. I love how the racists love telling people to stop playing the race card but when clear evidence is presented to them they deny it with such venom.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Dr Dao, Mr Zhang, Mr Chen and Mr Li. Like that's not discrimination against men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fusion)
Dr Dao, Mr Zhang, Mr Chen and Mr Li. Like that's not discrimination against men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 men were asked? I wonder how the feminists are going to explain this one.
Luke7456
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lets look at the actions of the airline and the facts. The CEO's first response was to blame the pas anger and congratulate his staff for how they handled this.
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/10/unite...lligerent.html

Later after all the outrage the CEO hesitated but said that it was not the pas angers fault strongly implying he thinks it was the passengers fault but in order to avoid more bad PR decided it best not to say so.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39580112
The CEO has refused to step down.

Further they have Defamed the victim in the press recently with accusations about his former drug pushing etc.

These are not the actions of a Company looking to settle out of court these are the actions of a company looking to press charges and sue for damages.

So basically their staff beat the crap out of and forcibly dragged off and kicked out the plane a paying customer. They then blamed him and defamed him all this was likely due to racial profiling, and the likelihood is that they are already pursuing legal action against him but have a gagging order in place.

Great airline you will be racially abused assaulted physically dragged off the plane no refund or compensation and likely sue by the airline.

Yeah I will not be flying with this airline in future.
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They have a history of racist :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: tbh, so I was inclined to believe it was racist from the get go because of their past.
username1969391
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's a shame it wasn't a black victim instead. Black Lives Matter have really struggled with some material lately.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
(Original post by NickLCFC)
It's a shame it wasn't a black victim instead. Black Lives Matter have really struggled with some material lately.
I really wished BLM would support the guy in solidarity, but they strike me as being a bit selfish to be honest and they do love to indulge in the good old oppression olympics.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Internet)
They have a history of racist :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: tbh, so I was inclined to believe it was racist from the get go because of their past.
As well as nicking/breaking/hoarding guitars. Hewhewhew.
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Logically speaking, it is entirely possible the doctor's race was nothing but an irrelevant coincidence. Why must it be his race and nothing else? We have little information on the other people who were bumped, anyway.

You've got two people providing anecdotes of what they remember appearing to be so. But that's it.

It isn't even standard procedure for airlines to ask people to be involuntarily bumped... That's not how it works.

So im afriad I'm skeptical. Why are you so keen on turning this into a race issue? Must every incident involving a racial minority be a race issue? It's so tiring.
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
Logically speaking, it is entirely possible the doctor's race was nothing but an irrelevant coincidence. Why must it be his race and nothing else? We have little information on the other people who were bumped, anyway.

You've got two people providing anecdotes of what they remember appearing to be so. But that's it.

It isn't even standard procedure for airlines to ask people to be involuntarily bumped... That's not how it works.

So im afriad I'm skeptical. Why are you so keen on turning this into a race issue? Must every incident involving a racial minority be a race issue? It's so tiring.
Ignorance is bliss.

Most people are racially biased (consciously or sub-consciously). That you can read up in google in a few seconds.

What's tiring is people always pulling the "oh it's nothing" card.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dandaman1)

In America yes, because they have a huge problem with institutional racism and this is another example where people of other groups are trying to downplay the racial element because they don't want to face up to the truth that there is huge racism against Asians in the US.
A Rose for Epona
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Automatically concluding that this was racially motivated violence because the man was Asian is racist imo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads