The Student Room Group

Can I dye my hair twice in one week

Went to the hairdressers with plans to go grey. They :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed me £140 over and sent me home with platinum blonde hair, a burnt scalp and fried ends. I am naturally dark brown and hate myself for trying this. I need to go brown and cannot wait 3 months but hate the condition it's in. What can I do
Reply 1
Original post by SarahLewis188
Went to the hairdressers with plans to go grey. They :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed me £140 over and sent me home with platinum blonde hair, a burnt scalp and fried ends. I am naturally dark brown and hate myself for trying this. I need to go brown and cannot wait 3 months but hate the condition it's in. What can I do

You can get it to grey easily with some toner or semi perm hair dye yourself if it's platinum. But yeah - if you've changed your mind, you can dye it back to brown this week. You might need to dye twice for it to cover properly it will probably fade pretty quickly at first. Use a neutral brown shade. Deep condition before dyeing.
Reply 2
Oh yeah if you can only afford drug store conditioners stock up on aussie hair mask and conditioners
Original post by Ciel.
Oh yeah if you can only afford drug store conditioners stock up on aussie hair mask and conditioners

THANK YOU! Going to ring the salon tomorrow to complain as they bleached it twice and my scalp is a mess so I'll see if they will do it cheaper as I'm so unhappy
Reply 4
THANK YOU! Going to ring the salon tomorrow to complain as they bleached it twice and my scalp is a mess so I'll see if they will do it cheaper as I'm so unhappy

Yes, you definitely should. If your scalp is really irritated give it a few days of rest before dying again and get one of the shampoos made specifically for irritated scalp - Boots has 'yes to Carrots Scalp Relief Shampoo'
Reply 5

I've had burnt scalp and fried ends from a hairdressing disaster as well. I found it so useful to put in conditioner overnight for a few days. Made such a difference. There's also leave in conditioner that you can wear during the day as well. Really helped with the scalp irritation, and obviously makes your hair a lot healthier. Does mean putting a towel over your pillow or a hair cap on though. Was also hard trying not to brush it properly for a while because that can further irritate the scalp.
Reply 6
No you can't, its against the law
Just be very careful. If your scalp is sore and irritated, it might be worthwhile to wait a good few days until it heals a little. There would be nothing worse than putting colouring on your head that is going to burn and sting like hell, making your scalp even worse than it is already. On the instruction packets it always says not to use in this situation.
Thanks for the replies x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending