shivamisalegend
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am not stressed over my other exams but I am frustrated with the amount of content that I need to cover for GCSE science. I really want to get A*s in all my sciences but I really don't want to be making flashcards and notes as I hate writing therefore I am intending on reading and memorising straight from the CGPs revision guides which in my opinion are excellent. Is this a good idea? Also how the hell do you revise for GCSE English 9-1 (AQA) I have no revision guides for English so could you please give me some advice?
old6h
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I understand exactly how you feel! I hated making notes and flashcards etc, and most of my revision was reading and memorising. However, this is passive revision, and you won't absorb the content as well that way. If you hate flashcards and mindmaps, try some past papers, and ask yourself questions as you go through the revision guides to ensure you are actually absorbing what you are reading.
Good luck!
- Someone with A*s in Chem, Bio and Physics
Mo H
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Videos can be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDM...eEdVV5g/videos
Snowystar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are some YouTube channels for science that I know of and they are really good two of them do "All of ** in ** minutes" , they cover all of B1, B2, B3, C1, C2, C3, P1, P2 and P3 in less than an hour for each one, some are even 30 minutes. Be warned they only go over briefly each topic and is mainly for AQA but I think they do have some other specifications like Edexcel. These two channels are:

Science and Maths by Primrose Kitten
Science with Hazel

They also do some individual topics within science which is also good. This other YouTube channel "Freesciencelessons" goes through each topic quite in depth and has full playlists of each Core, Additional and Further Science.
myapure
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Make your own revision guide or make posters is the best way for science!
grool
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Watch MyGCSEScience - it's for AQA and the videos for C1, B1 and P1 are free on youtube (but you have to pay for the rest )
shivamisalegend
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks to everyone for their advice, I really appreciate it and I will try to use everyone's strategy towards my final goal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.93%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.82%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (80)
34.63%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.74%

Watched Threads