4th May - local elections who you voting for? Watch

Poll: 4 May - local election who will you vote for?
Labour (12)
29.27%
Tories (15)
36.59%
Liberal Democrats (8)
19.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (0)
0%
Green Party (1)
2.44%
Plaid Cymru (1)
2.44%
SNP (2)
4.88%
Sinn Féin (1)
2.44%
UK Independence Party (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist Party (0)
0%
Other (say who on forum) (1)
2.44%
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Why you be voting them?

Me: Labour because conservatives don't seem to be doing a good job right now with brexit... and it will eventually backfire, look at the housing market.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ckfeister)
Why you be voting them?

Me: Labour because conservatives don't seem to be doing a good job right now with brexit... and it will eventually backfire, look at the housing market.
How are Labour better when it comes to the housing market?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
SNP, to get Labour out of the council of control and to align the council with the government and MPs.
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I were eligible to vote, it'd be Labour. I live in an area which currently has a Conservative MP who stood for UKIP 6 times, a rising UKIP opposition and a struggling Labour party. There's really no alternative.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
SNP

Why? In Scotland it is pretty much SNP, Labour or Tories. I agree with a lot of SNP's views and policies but I don't think a second referendum would be successful. I fully backed IndyRef but I don't know if I would vote for it again. I did vote to remain in EU and I understand why they are wanting a second referendum.
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Possibly Green. I know some of their stuff is bat :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: crazy, but I feel like on a small scale they may genuinely have people's best interests at heart.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why you be voting them?

Labour have no valid policy?

Tories will gain which is unsual for a governing party to do so, as opposition is non existent. Corbyn is ruining Labour he's a selfish, narcissistic cretin. If he cared he'd resign but no.

I'll vote Conservatives with Brexit, they are going to deliver, not the incompetent Labour.

:fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
How are Labour better when it comes to the housing market?
http://www.jeremyforlabour.com/homes

Go and compare it to tories, I know this is general election but look up what they doing in sheffield

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ield?CMP=fb_gu

Sheffield council is
Labour Party (56), Liberal Democrats (20), UK Independence Party (4), Green Party of England and Wales (4)
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
SNP

Why? In Scotland it is pretty much SNP, Labour or Tories. I agree with a lot of SNP's views and policies but I don't think a second referendum would be successful. I fully backed IndyRef but I don't know if I would vote for it again. I did vote to remain in Europe and I understand why they are wanting a second referendum.
Your still in Europe.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol I meant EU
Your still in Europe.
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Labour have no valid policy?

Tories will gain which is unsual for a governing party to do so, as opposition is non existent. Corbyn is ruining Labour he's a selfish, narcissistic cretin. If he cared he'd resign but no.

I'll vote Conservatives with Brexit, they are going to deliver, not the incompetent Labour.

:fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We'll see,
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/04/11...-will-it-last/

Its a bit worrying on how strong her voters are with her,
Name:  hugeidk.PNG
Views: 66
Size:  95.0 KB

Tons of I don't know and 46% say because of Corbyn weakness, Corbyn don't get into power by local elections.
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
Lol I meant EU
I wish we did as well, I'm from England and think Scotland should just leave, it has a massive defict, nearly into recession, UK keeps bailing them out but oh no they still want more and demand x,y,z all they want is for themselves not as a United Kingdom.

PS. That money comes from England, £20bn or more I think.
Mahatma Coat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why you be voting them?

I work at a local authority under labour rule- as much as i dislike Corbyn and his cabinet as they are Social Justice Warriors i will vote Labour. In 2020 election if the tories have not reduced immigration i will be going for UKIP or BNP
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mahatma Coat)
I work at a local authority under labour rule- as much as i dislike Corbyn and his cabinet as they are Social Justice Warriors i will vote Labour. In 2020 election if the tories have not reduced immigration i will be going for UKIP or BNP
Whats wrong with immigration? Do you know why there are high level of immigration in this country? Want to reduce it? Raise birth rates.
Mahatma Coat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whats wrong with immigration? Do you know why there are high level of immigration in this country? Want to reduce it? Raise birth rates.
We have had too much of it for too long we have had mass immigration since the 1960's
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ooooo, when did the Tories reform?
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mahatma Coat)
We have had too much of it for too long we have had mass immigration since the 1960's
Raise the birth rate then, we can't grow without new jobs.
ckfeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Ooooo, when did the Tories reform?
??
Mahatma Coat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Raise the birth rate then, we can't grow without new jobs.
yes raise the birth rate and lower immigration i agree.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
??
The Tory Party was dissolved in 1834, the Conservative and Unionist party is what is on the ballot paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads