How do you decide what to pick for your gsce options?

Watch
Whyy me?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have more or less decided what I am going to choose for the multiple choice ones despite still now having gotten my pathway ( the letter that tells you what you can choose, there are 2 different ones) but I am finding it difficult to decide between music and drama. I want to be a lawyer a barrister to be more specific meaning I will have to stand up in court in front of a significantly large amount of people which drama would help me with , however I really enjoy singing and want to learn the keyboard but I am not very good at them and get a higher grade for drama. I sing in both my school and church choir and very rarely on my own ( for church ) obviously as I know the people in my church they won't give their honest opinion on how horrible I sound , so I dont really know how I sing but I know I my acting is ok due to my grades .Im so so stuck and im choosing my options next week . Wow that was a lot longer than expected .
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Whyy me?)
I have more or less decided what I am going to choose for the multiple choice ones despite still now having gotten my pathway ( the letter that tells you what you can choose, there are 2 different ones) but I am finding it difficult to decide between music and drama. I want to be a lawyer a barrister to be more specific meaning I will have to stand up in court in front of a significantly large amount of people which drama would help me with , however I really enjoy singing and want to learn the keyboard but I am not very good at them and get a higher grade for drama. I sing in both my school and church choir and very rarely on my own ( for church ) obviously as I know the people in my church they won't give their honest opinion on how horrible I sound , so I dont really know how I sing but I know I my acting is ok due to my grades .Im so so stuck and im choosing my options next week . Wow that was a lot longer than expected .
If I was in your position, personally I would choose drama. You mentioned that you get higher grades in drama, and that it would also be more useful in terms of your career aspirations. Learning to sing and play the keyboard are fairly easy to do outside of school, but drama may be a bit more difficult.

Generally, the advice I give when choosing GCSE options is to pick the subject that you enjoy more, and/or are likely to get a better grade in. Though you enjoy singing, you don't seem very confident in your ability to do well in it, but because you achieve higher grades in drama and feel it would be more useful, that is what I would go with.

It is entirely your choice, however
Whyy me?
Rep:
?
thank you so much , your reply was really useful
Whyy me?
Rep:
?
I am so sorry it took me for ever to finally findut where to submit my reply but thank you
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
If I was in your position, personally I would choose drama. You mentioned that you get higher grades in drama, and that it would also be more useful in terms of your career aspirations. Learning to sing and play the keyboard are fairly easy to do outside of school, but drama may be a bit more difficult.

Generally, the advice I give when choosing GCSE options is to pick the subject that you enjoy more, and/or are likely to get a better grade in. Though you enjoy singing, you don't seem very confident in your ability to do well in it, but because you achieve higher grades in drama and feel it would be more useful, that is what I would go with.

It is entirely your choice, however
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.84%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (355)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed