zee.ali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Final year of therapeutic radiotherapy! I just can't get my head around what exactly is being asked of me to do! Here's the brief below:

You are required to write a 3000 word assignment drawing on the content of the module. The assignment must be in the form of a paper suitable for publication in a peer reviewed journal
Resource management and delivery within healthcare settings require a critical
awareness of health care and the impact of advances in technology and the role development on staff and the organisation.
Critically evaluate the impact of a new development in relation to the following areas:
• Service delivery
• Staff
• Service users

Is it a literature review i am writing? in a article format? I am very conused. please help!

Thankyou so much!
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zee.ali)
Final year of therapeutic radiotherapy! I just can't get my head around what exactly is being asked of me to do! Here's the brief below:

You are required to write a 3000 word assignment drawing on the content of the module. The assignment must be in the form of a paper suitable for publication in a peer reviewed journal
Resource management and delivery within healthcare settings require a critical
awareness of health care and the impact of advances in technology and the role development on staff and the organisation.
Critically evaluate the impact of a new development in relation to the following areas:
• Service delivery
• Staff
• Service users

Is it a literature review i am writing? in a article format? I am very conused. please help!

Thankyou so much!
It's a 3000 word assignment, so essentially an essay. The "paper suitable for publication" suggests that it should be written in the format of a newspaper article- so you may want to include a relevant image, and your writing style should follow the conventions of newspaper articles. Look at scientific articles in everyday newspapers for more inspiration. Hope this helps.
everested
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It must be in a form suitable for publication in a peer reviewed journal so this is your primary concern. By this stage you are familiar with the layout of articles in peer reviewed journals. Your critical analysis can incorporate elements of a literature review in the sense you will be debating various contributors to the field.

So a form of literature review within a peer reviewed article.
deviant182
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do not write it like a newspaper article.
You're essentially being asked to do a form of literature review.
You need to critically analyse other papers and research out there on the topic given.
You then need to ensure you're critical but fair, and your writing must be of an academic standard similar to other research articles you would read in academic journals.
If you struggle ask your librarians for help - they're a great resource.
And it's worth asking if you do a draft can you meet with your lecturer to go over it prior to submission.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
13.84%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
22.32%
Live streaming events (21)
9.38%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (51)
22.77%
An in-person event when available (50)
22.32%