practical for biology.what kind of method would be used

Watch
bobby nnu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Production of a dilution series of a glucose solution and use of colorimetric techniques to produce a calibration curve with which to identify the concentration of glucose in an unknown ‘urine’ sample.
Lola1244
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bobby nnu)
Production of a dilution series of a glucose solution and use of colorimetric techniques to produce a calibration curve with which to identify the concentration of glucose in an unknown ‘urine’ sample.
use a serial dilution to produce a set of glucose solutions which have same dilution factor. Make sure each sol is same volume. add benedict's solution and warm in water bath. add same amount of benedicts, warm for same amount of time. set colorimeter to 0 using distilled water blank. Use a red filter and set to absorbance. Measure absorbance of each solution and plot a graph of absorbance against glucose conc. Place same volume of urine as was volume of glucose solution in water bath with benedicts, measure absorabce, read off graph to find glucose conc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (180)
44.33%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (45)
11.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
7.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (86)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (40)
9.85%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.67%

Watched Threads