The Student Room Group

revison

Hey I know I need to revise and I will do it for about half an hour and then get bored and daydream for hours- I have tried every hack in the book to try and stay motivated but I just can't.
Not only this but I have no idea how to revise I try to do pass papers but I've run out, and I don't know what to and how else to revise.
any tips? xx
Original post by tara244
Hey I know I need to revise and I will do it for about half an hour and then get bored and daydream for hours- I have tried every hack in the book to try and stay motivated but I just can't.
Not only this but I have no idea how to revise I try to do pass papers but I've run out, and I don't know what to and how else to revise.
any tips? xx

Hi there :smile:

The key is to not allow yourself to get bored. If you notice you lose focus after half an hour - either do 25 minute session with short breaks in between (the Pomodoro technique may work well for you in that case!) or switch up what you do every half-hour to keep it interesting! Think about what you want to do after these exams and how important it is that you work hard to get there. Alternatively, think about how you'll feel on results day knowing that you did your best and the work paid off!
As for how to revise, there are loads of different ways - making mind-maps, posters, handwriting notes, teaching someone (or your pet!), testing yourself, etc. so just try a few and see what works. Revision guides are great for condensing everything you need to know into one handy guide!

Hope this helps, and good luck with your exams! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending