Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Were you put in for Higher in your exams? How did you find them? Did you get all your coursework in on time?
    No, becuase most of the year i was off besuase i was on chemotherepy, so i couldn't go to school most of the time....of course because most of the time i had no white cells... that's why they didn''t entre me 4 higher. But i managed to finishe all my coursework on time... unlike most of the children..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Expect nothing and be suprised.

Well, even though it isn't a good thing that you've been ill, if you do do bad you can blame it on your illness. But if you've been top of the class, and do get fantastic results you can also say "I got that, even though I've been ill!".

Good luck anyway.
    thanx... but this illness isn't just like that i have to be careful when i grow up. Anytime it can come back but i'm allright for now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i wanna know what i got, i'm not worried. the only 1 i think i did **** on is chemistry, that extension paper was bloody hard

ReputationRep:
    I just hope that I get at least my predicted grades. That way I won't be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    wow, a week. not too nervous, because to be perfectly honest i've been to busy to think about it!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Don't remind me, I'm having trouble sleeping already because I'm dreading the results; I know that I'll be disappointed with at least one subject. Can you tell I don't like anticipation...

(Original post by Fleff)
    :eek: Don't remind me, I'm having trouble sleeping already because I'm dreading the results; I know that I'll be disappointed with at least one subject. Can you tell I don't like anticipation...
    All that worry over GCSE's which you can't change now? Relax, it can't be as bad as me in french.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    All that worry over GCSE's which you can't change now? Relax, it can't be as bad as me in french.
    It can be as bad as me in German though

(Original post by Fleff)
    It can be as bad as me in German though
    Is that a bet? Let the race commence...a race of what I'm not really sure, a race to open the envelope and get a U first perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Im wasnt worried at all...until i came onto here...

Actually i dont care really, because the results are there on paper, and there isnt anything i can do about it...i just have to know about them now.
    god...it really pissed me off when ppl said that.......the reason i was scared was because i knew there was nothing i could do about it..........if there was, i'd have done it.........its the fact that you're so helpless....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Is that a bet? Let the race commence...a race of what I'm not really sure, a race to open the envelope and get a U first perhaps?
    I'm predicting myself a D, although I wouldn't be surprised with a U... Speaking of U's, my chemistry teacher once warned me that if I carried on the way I was going, I'd get one. Oh how I'll prove her wrong (I hope).

(Original post by Fleff)
    I'm predicting myself a D, although I wouldn't be surprised with a U... Speaking of U's, my chemistry teacher once warned me that if I carried on the way I was going, I'd get one. Oh how I'll prove her wrong (I hope).
    I hope I get 2 A*'s in sciences, if I don't....I'll probably just go, 'oh well' and get on with life...but still!

I was predicted a D in french but my reading exam went something like.

*Wakes up and looks at time exams begins*

It's 1:00pm

*Looks at clock*

It's 12:45

"**** OH **** ********!!!!!"

*Gets changed, packs bag, runs out of house without locking door; runs all the way to school, turns up out of breathe and sweating like mad....*

Teacher: Sorry folks, the exam has been delayed for about half an hour.

*Waits and tries to regain breathe and not swear too much, and realises I know no french*

*Goes into exam with my nice little foundation paper, bring green so everybody knows what a remedial I am*

*Only know about 5/50 of the questions, so I guess the rest and finish in 5 minutes, and then wait for 55 minutes to finish*

*Goes home and tells family that I'm expecting an A**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I hope I get 2 A*'s in sciences, if I don't....I'll probably just go, 'oh well' and get on with life...but still!

I was predicted a D in french but my reading exam went something like.

*Wakes up and looks at time exams begins*

*Goes home and tells family that I'm expecting an A**

German exam went something like:

*night before, couldn't sleep*

*woke up early, no breakfast*

*got to school and realised that though I'd been awake, I hadn't thought to revise*

*s***s herself* (not literally)

*sits down in chair, realises everyone around is better at German, gets more nervous*

*opens paper, first question... What the hell does that mean?!*

*goes to second question... Erm... what?*

Etc. etc. etc...

*Gets out, and finds everyone had the same answers to each other, but not me*

*starts to feel like poo*

And it'll end with:

*oh... An 'E'... It could have been worse, I suppose...*

Hmmm, nearly the same, except you care way too much, it's only your future, jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Hmmm, nearly the same, except you care way too much, it's only your future, jeez.
    Oh, 'cuz, ya know, my future doesn't matter, ya know... 'Cuz I is jus' gonna live ma life workin' in a shop...

Basically (overused word by moi) the more passes I get, the better chance I have at being what I want to be. I have a lot of ambition, and I don't like failure of any sort, yet I can never bring myself to do the work that assures me that I don't fail, if you know what I mean (Basically [see, I told you I overused it!] I'm too lazy )

(Original post by Fleff)
    Oh, 'cuz, ya know, my future doesn't matter, ya know... 'Cuz I is jus' gonna live ma life workin' in a shop...

Basically (overused word by moi) the more passes I get, the better chance I have at being what I want to be. I have a lot of ambition, and I don't like failure of any sort, yet I can never bring myself to do the work that assures me that I don't fail, if you know what I mean (Basically [see, I told you I overused it!] I'm too lazy )
    I'm lazy as well, which is why I was so shocked by my GCSE revision! I didn't revise for my mocks and did fine, I got like 5 results in the 90's in percentage. :cool: Hope my GCSE is as good.

I say basically rather a lot also, along with other things, you'll probably spot them soon enough.

I always do minimum work, it's more like, "I only really need 5 C's, then to pass any A-levels and I can be a teacher, so why get all A*'s, and why do hard A2's?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    I'm lazy as well, which is why I was so shocked by my GCSE revision! I didn't revise for my mocks and did fine, I got like 5 results in the 90's in percentage. :cool: Hope my GCSE is as good.

I say basically rather a lot also, along with other things, you'll probably spot them soon enough.

I always do minimum work, it's more like, "I only really need 5 C's, then to pass any A-levels and I can be a teacher, so why get all A*'s, and why do hard A2's?"
    I do enough to get by. I always want to do more than that, but I can never bring myself to go the extra mile. I start, and then think, what's the point?

(Original post by Fleff)
    I do enough to get by. I always want to do more than that, but I can never bring myself to go the extra mile. I start, and then think, what's the point?
    The lesson to learn; stop trying to achieve anything in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    The lesson to learn; stop trying to achieve anything in the first place.
    :rolleyes: But I can't! Dammit, I have the potential, just no motivation!

(Original post by Fleff)
    :rolleyes: But I can't! Dammit, I have the potential, just no motivation!
    No, you have no potential, get that thought out of your head, bad girl! It's that kind of thought that makes you want to work hard.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.