The Student Room Group

Typically what level of parents income rules out getting a bursary?

Have an offer from McGill for 2017 - my parents net income is around £75k - is there any point in applying for a bursary as you seem to have to pay to make an application

thanks
I don't know where McGill university is but it's really weird that you have to pay for a bursary...aren't they more for families with low income?
Original post by Jackieox
I don't know where McGill university is but it's really weird that you have to pay for a bursary...aren't they more for families with low income?

Don't be dense, it's quite obvious that you don't pay for a bursary. It is for low income families therefore families earning above a certain amount will not be eligible for the bursary.
£75k ? Consider yourself lucky if you're accepted for bursaries, that's a lot of money.
They'll probably say you don't need one. It's for low income families.

Pay to make an application for what?
You dont pay to make an application for a bursary.
Original post by ahistorianargues
Have an offer from McGill for 2017 - my parents net income is around £75k - is there any point in applying for a bursary as you seem to have to pay to make an application thanks

Original post by Dinasaurus
Don't be dense, it's quite obvious that you don't pay for a bursary. It is for low income families therefore families earning above a certain amount will not be eligible for the bursary.

Please read the original post.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jackieox
Please read the original post.

Are you applying through UCAS?
This is unclear, what application ? You don't pay to apply for finances :s
Original post by beckiefaye_x
Are you applying through UCAS?
This is unclear, what application ? You don't pay to apply for finances :s

Me? No?

Quick Reply

Latest