I'm so stressed about GCSE History!

Watch
Api00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello there, I wanted to know what marks/grades do I need in both my papers and coursework to obtain an A grade in History.
I'm literally having breakdowns about History and really want to get an A in it, so any ideas/tips on how to obtain this?
Funky_Me
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing the 'legacy' AQA course and I attained a 76% mark in my mock overall and it was an A. I think it depends on the board. If you type in your board to Google and then put "history grade boundaries 2017", it should come up! If not tell me your board and I'm happy to find it for you! ;D
Api00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm aqa too but is it the actual grade boundaries for 2017 or Is it just an estimate??
Funky_Me
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nah, if the board publish it than it should be the exact Grade boundary!
p29
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did GCSE history,
1. Learn how to structure your answers to suit the different types of questions
2.Memorise dates, locations, positives/negatives, basically lots of facts.
username1869653
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by p29)
I did GCSE history,
1. Learn how to structure your answers to suit the different types of questions
2.Memorise dates, locations, positives/negatives, basically lots of facts.
Not really?
I did GCSE history. Revised 5-10 pages from a revision guide the day before and got an A.
It's more about essay structure and good argument.
p29
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ugaaa5)
Not really?
I did GCSE history. Revised 5-10 pages from a revision guide the day before and got an A.
It's more about essay structure and good argument.
That was not the case when I did GCSE history. Structure was important, but the exam also placed equal emphasis on knowledge.
You also should not be encouraging students to slack by only revising "5-10 pages from a revision guide the day before" that could be very detrimental.
username1869653
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by p29)
That was not the case when I did GCSE history. Structure was important, but the exam also placed equal emphasis on knowledge.
You also should not be encouraging students to slack by only revising "5-10 pages from a revision guide the day before" that could be very detrimental.
When did you do it and on what exam board?
That's not slacking either. It is only detrimental if you were bad in the first place.
username1869653
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by p29)
You're like that teacher that tells everyone they would get a C from using the revision guide. Then everyone uses the revision guide and gets an A*.
p29
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ugaaa5)
When did you do it and on what exam board?
That's not slacking either. It is only detrimental if you were bad in the first place.
WJEC June 2016
Yes it is indeed slacking, leaving revision to the last minute and barely spending any time leaves too much uncertainty, especially with these more rigorous GCSE's.
Not everyone is able to simply skim through a revision guide the night before and attain an A grade the next day. Seeing as OP is stressed and is having to ask for tips they probably fall into this category.
OP asked for help, what am I doing? helping. You on the other hand are encouraging them to put minimal work in.
Also, where did I say revision guides will only get you a C?
Go and project your pettiness somewhere else.
username1869653
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Api00)
Hello there, I wanted to know what marks/grades do I need in both my papers and coursework to obtain an A grade in History.
I'm literally having breakdowns about History and really want to get an A in it, so any ideas/tips on how to obtain this?
Focus on your ability to write a great essay, not simply the evidence you provide.
Of course, learn the subject content, but do not overdo it. The textbooks often have information that goes far above and beyond what you even need for an A*.
CinnamonSmol
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by p29)
WJEC June 2016
Yes it is indeed slacking, leaving revision to the last minute and barely spending any time leaves too much uncertainty, especially with these more rigorous GCSE's.
Not everyone is able to simply skim through a revision guide the night before and attain an A grade the next day. Seeing as OP is stressed and is having to ask for tips they probably fall into this category.
OP asked for help, what am I doing? helping. You on the other hand are encouraging them to put minimal work in.
Also, where did I say revision guides will only get you a C?
Go and project your pettiness somewhere else.
I agree, if you want to get the best grade possible don't leave it until the day before. History is about memorising a lot of information as well as structuring the answer properly, unless you're very lucky it's hard to obtain a good grade without practise and revision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.5%
No (184)
70.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise