The Student Room Group

Human Rights Coursework

really stuck on coursework question concerning Article 7 ECHR (No punishment without law) based on someone being charged under law that dates back to the 16th century???
Original post by Jack1604
really stuck on coursework question concerning Article 7 ECHR (No punishment without law) based on someone being charged under law that dates back to the 16th century???

Why are you stuck? Is this a problem question or an essay? How much research have you done?
Reply 2
its a problem question which says she is charged under a law which dates back to the 16th century and was last used in the 1920s. So i need to talk about how that breaches her rights under Article 7 ECHR which states there can be no punishment without law.

All the information i can find talks about how new law can apply retrospectively and nothing about how old law can/ cant apply to modern day situations which is what i need
Reply 3
Original post by Jack1604
its a problem question which says she is charged under a law which dates back to the 16th century and was last used in the 1920s. So i need to talk about how that breaches her rights under Article 7 ECHR which states there can be no punishment without law.

All the information i can find talks about how new law can apply retrospectively and nothing about how old law can/ cant apply to modern day situations which is what i need

Here - for starters:

http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Guide_Art_7_ENG.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending