Does it matter if I do badly at Art GCSE (I want to go to Cambridge)?

Watch
LunaNotLoony
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'll probably get mostly A*, maybe less in Biology (A), and definitely less in French (B) and Art. I might fail Art with a E or a D... or I might get a C or a B. I don't know. Our teacher has been off for the last month and the workload is terrifying. Our final art exam is just a few days before my other GCSEs start and Jesus Christ, the only way I'm going to be prepared is if I sacrifice revising everything else. I can pass without revising out of school, because I'm smart and have a good memory, but I'll do better with revision. If I do fail Art, hoe much will it matter for a Cambridge application for Maths or Natural Science or something similar?
username3099438
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You aren't getting into cambridge with a B most probably.
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LunaNotLoony)
I'll probably get mostly A*, maybe less in Biology (A), and definitely less in French (B) and Art. I might fail Art with a E or a D... or I might get a C or a B. I don't know. Our teacher has been off for the last month and the workload is terrifying. Our final art exam is just a few days before my other GCSEs start and Jesus Christ, the only way I'm going to be prepared is if I sacrifice revising everything else. I can pass without revising out of school, because I'm smart and have a good memory, but I'll do better with revision. If I do fail Art, hoe much will it matter for a Cambridge application for Maths or Natural Science or something similar?
Meh, it's neglible. They care more about your PS, entrance exam score and AS UMS (if offered).
everested
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dropping an A in GCSE Art shouldn't impact
riverlily
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in pretty much the same situation, I'm quite academic but art will probably be my worst grade at GCSE, but I don't think it'll affect getting into cambridge! As long as you do well in your other subjects you'll be fine
everested
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Better to guarantee your half a dozen A's and a lower grade in Art than losing a few As just to get a B in art
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (26)
14.53%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (50)
27.93%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (73)
40.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.97%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.79%

Watched Threads