safiakhan25
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I've got my GCSE's in just over 1month and im stressing so much, like ive done on and off revision through out these past few months but ave only really gotten down to my work now. Im aspiring for the top grades but i need some good techniques. I've got my stuff together for most subjects but i need help in geography, im taking the exam board OCR and im so clue less as to where i should start!!!!
aman.dcosta
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you doing ocr B Geography?
Chatterbot
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by safiakhan25)
Hi, I've got my GCSE's in just over 1month and im stressing so much, like ive done on and off revision through out these past few months but ave only really gotten down to my work now. Im aspiring for the top grades but i need some good techniques. I've got my stuff together for most subjects but i need help in geography, im taking the exam board OCR and im so clue less as to where i should start!!!!
Hi,

I would recommend exam practice, flash card, the look,cover,check method and mindmaps.
Good luck for your exams!
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you for reminding me of my impending doom.

I really appreciate it.
pizza4ever
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stoyfan)

I really appreciate it.
Ikr, I just properly started 2 hours ago and am back to procrastinating with 1 month left.
safiakhan25
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chatterbot)
Hi,

I would recommend exam practice, flash card, the look,cover,check method and mindmaps.
Good luck for your exams!
I'll try that, thanks.
safiakhan25
Rep:
?
(Original post by stoyfan)

I really appreciate it.
Reminders wake us up i guess
safiakhan25
Rep:
?
(Original post by aman.dcosta)
Are you doing ocr B Geography?

yes
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Print out the specification and go through all the topics, so you are familiar with the content on the exam. Then, do some past papers that the exam boards have posted on the website. You'll be familiar with the content and questions.
safiakhan25
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anthos)
Print out the specification and go through all the topics, so you are familiar with the content on the exam. Then, do some past papers that the exam boards have posted on the website. You'll be familiar with the content and questions.
I've done that for my sciences and it was really helpful so im hoping for the same result here, thanks
aman.dcosta
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes
Make sure you know every single case study because they're the questions with the most marks!!! If you dont know them then you're missing out on a big number of marks
Btw, how are you finding the SDME paper?
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've done that for my sciences and it was really helpful so im hoping for the same result here, thanks
You're welcome!
safiakhan25
Rep:
?
Make sure you know every single case study because they're the questions with the most marks!!! If you dont know them then you're missing out on a big number of marks
Btw, how are you finding the SDME paper?
Ah yeh, i know the case studies are super important i'm trying to cover as many as i can but primarily one of each , medc for earth quake, ledc for volcanoes so i'll work on those very efficiently. And the SDME paper i find really easy like in our mocks which we had around December time last year i found it decent, so if i revised more i could've done even better.
aman.dcosta
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah yeh, i know the case studies are super important i'm trying to cover as many as i can but primarily one of each , medc for earth quake, ledc for volcanoes so i'll work on those very efficiently. And the SDME paper i find really easy like in our mocks which we had around December time last year i found it decent, so if i revised more i could've done even better.
Wow that's good! My teacher has barely covered the sdme paper and i got an F in my november mock 😖 Kind of stressing about it but Im trying to focus on the key themes paper
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow that's good! My teacher has barely covered the sdme paper and i got an F in my november mock 😖 Kind of stressing about it but Im trying to focus on the key themes paper
I'm doing ocr b too and it's so stressful!!! My teacher has no idea what she's doing and class are always so bored that they get into fights
safiakhan25
Rep:
?
That's the thing they either cover most of it or barely any of it so you should try focus on the SDME paper outside of school, or simply do your own revision and when you have a geography lesson ask the teacher if you could revise independently, it should help. But i'm sure you'll get the hang of it, personally i think its easier then the other paper but you need to make sure that your reasoning skills are precise. You should look at sdme example answers.
safiakhan25
Rep:
?
https://revisionworld.com/gcse-revis...hy-past-papers try this
aman.dcosta
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads