Trainers at the club? Bouncer didn't let me in but let others in?

Watch
Numan786
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I remember when I last went clubbing I was smartly dressed but I had black air force 1's on. The bouncer told me I couldn't get in with them on and that I had to change them and luckily I wasn't too far from my place to get smart shoes.

Now when I went inside I saw quite a few people in with trainers that actually looked blatantly like trainers. I saw girls with colorful Vans, Converse and some Nikes. I saw some guys with Adidas, Vans and different trainers that were black and white.

Seeing this I was confused as to why the bouncer said I couldn't get in with trainers. Do bouncers just pick and choose who they don't like the look of and then refuse them? I was quiet the whole way through and so it couldn't have been me acting like a prat that could have made them dislike me. Any bouncers here care to answer?
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Numan786)
I remember when I last went clubbing I was smartly dressed but I had black air force 1's on. The bouncer told me I couldn't get in with them on and that I had to change them and luckily I wasn't too far from my place to get smart shoes.

Now when I went inside I saw quite a few people in with trainers that actually looked blatantly like trainers. I saw girls with colorful Vans, Converse and some Nikes. I saw some guys with Adidas, Vans and different trainers that were black and white.

Seeing this I was confused as to why the bouncer said I couldn't get in with trainers. Do bouncers just pick and choose who they don't like the look of and then refuse them? I was quiet the whole way through and so it couldn't have been me acting like a prat that could have made them dislike me. Any bouncers here care to answer?
I genuinely think some bouncers do it just to exercise some control. Must be a bit boring standing there if everyone getting in is behaving & appropriately dressed . Although perhaps there was a changeover in bouncers, and those people got in from more lenient bouncers?? I've had my mates get knocked back because they haven't been able to show ID and a debit card before which is a bit daft - they still had valid ID. Were you with anyone else? I know some places get a bit wary of people just going in by themselves to meet friends already inside or don't like people going in big groups.
Numan786
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by EmmaCx)
I genuinely think some bouncers do it just to exercise some control. Must be a bit boring standing there if everyone getting in is behaving & appropriately dressed . Although perhaps there was a changeover in bouncers, and those people got in from more lenient bouncers?? I've had my mates get knocked back because they haven't been able to show ID and a debit card before which is a bit daft - they still had valid ID. Were you with anyone else? I know some places get a bit wary of people just going in by themselves to meet friends already inside or don't like people going in big groups.
I'm pretty sure that bouncer was on all night if I can remember correctly. I just remembered it again now and was wondering why they let some in but not others. Debit card? Why would they need to see a debit card? :confused: Yeah when I went it was me and another mate. We were both dressed smart-casual, apart from my trainers lol. I just wanted to know now why bouncers do this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.46%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
45.26%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.63%
I'm really nervous (56)
19.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed