AmyJeanManson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I currently hold offers from both universities to study Law and they have the same conditional therefore have to choose one as my top choice, but I am struggling to pick. Can anyone offer any advice?
Stoody
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AmyJeanManson)
I currently hold offers from both universities to study Law and they have the same conditional therefore have to choose one as my top choice, but I am struggling to pick. Can anyone offer any advice?
Definitely Strathclyde, what were your grades to get a conditional can I ask?🙂
AmyJeanManson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Stoody)
Definitely Strathclyde, what were your grades to get a conditional can I ask?🙂
Why definetly Strathclyde? It does seem like a more impressive university to attend when you apply for jobs, but it's ranked lower that stirling on the complete univeristy guide. I had a pretty poor set of results, BBCDD, due to taking math/science subjects which aren't my strong point, so thankfully received a conditional of AAA, I'm taking music history and geography this year and achieved those grades in my prelims so I'm feeling hopeful.
Stoody
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AmyJeanManson)
Why definetly Strathclyde? It does seem like a more impressive university to attend when you apply for jobs, but it's ranked lower that stirling on the complete univeristy guide. I had a pretty poor set of results, BBCDD, due to taking math/science subjects which aren't my strong point, so thankfully received a conditional of AAA, I'm taking music history and geography this year and achieved those grades in my prelims so I'm feeling hopeful.
I don't know if you were looking at the overall ranking for the university but in terms of the law department Strathclyde is 4th in Scotland in 14th in the UK and is much further ahead than Sterling, I know if i were you I'd definitely pick Strathclyde but it's up to you of course
https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...Scotland&s=law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (774)
42.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.46%

Watched Threads