The Student Room Group

BBC Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BouncyCastle
I have heard nothing. Not even a rejection email. You would think they would contact everyone at once. I have no idea why they wouldn't have told me anything. I am guessing I didn't get the job and I assume they have called everyone they are offering jobs to but it is a shame they haven't sent anything to the rest of us.

Hey you get any rejection email/phonecall ?
No, did you?

Nah, I phoned and they said they are still deciding so god knows...
It's interesting that they have offered a job to someone but still claim to be making decisions. Shouldn't they make all their decisions at once and then send out responses?

Thats what I would assume... select your 6 and then send out the rejection emails. I have no idea whats going on
I got a rejection email today, which doesn't come as a surprise as I've not had any communication since submitting an application. Hadn't expected to get it for a long time, just posting here incase it helps you guys figure out what the hell is going on with them and their communication
Thanks for posting this. So you didn't go to an assessment centre but they only just let you know you were rejected? If so that is so bad on the BBCs part.

Correct, yes very bad. No communication since submitting my application in February or whenever it was lol
Reply 25
Original post by ChicGem6372
I am really confused, BBC is meant to be one of the biggest telecommunication and a well-known company but I don't understand why their communication with candidates is not good. This is what the people from last year were complaining about as well.

Did you guys know the BBC have organized an event on Eventbrite about having a tour around the software engineering department? Sound interesting and I have applied, I want to see if I am lucky to go to this event and see what BBC do.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/build-the-bbc-london-tickets-35371601412#tickets

By the way, has anyone who went to the assessment centre go their feedback from BBC yet? They should have selected their candidates by now.

I wouldn't hold your breath on feedback, if they're this disorganised, I would expect feedback to be nothing more than "we didn't feel you were the right candidate"
Reply 26
Anyone heard anything back this year round? Made it to the video interview stage but haven't heard back since I completed that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending