Does it make any difference which Mountains case study I study? Watch

roadtosucess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As a school we study the OCR Geography A spec, our school provides us with a personal revision guide as there is nothing out for the following spec however the revision guide is useless and when I compared to the specification only covers approximately 10% of what I actually need to know ~_~ , so after a bit of research I found another schools revision guide which is decent and covers the specification fairly well however in with my school we studied the Himalayas as our Mountains case study however with the other schools revision guide they cover the Alps as their mountains case. I was just wondering if its worth sticking with my schools Himalayas case study or would studying the Alps case study make no difference baring in mind the fact that the Alps revision guide covers everything perfectly well I need to know.
THANK YOU
JammieDodger27
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing OCR B for Geography and our teacher has made it very clear that we can use any appropriate case study. She also teaches us case studies that are different from the ones in the revision guide because she feels they are easier. I would assume that the same applies to OCR A Geography so you should be fine.

If you want another way to check, look at a mark scheme and see if they ask for a specific case study. If they only ask for a relevant case study, you can learn whichever case study you like.
roadtosucess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by JammieDodger27)
I'm doing OCR B for Geography and our teacher has made it very clear that we can use any appropriate case study. She also teaches us case studies that are different from the ones in the revision guide because she feels the are easy. I would assume that the same applies to OCR A Geography so you should be fine.

If you want another way to check, look at a mark scheme and see if they ask for a specific case study. If they only ask for a relevant case study, you can learn whichever case study you like.
Thank You soo much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%