The Student Room Group

UMS AS Level

Will there be UMS for AS this year?
This is for AQA and do you think the grade boundaries will be higher this year than last year?
Original post by sammychu00
Will there be UMS for AS this year?
This is for AQA and do you think the grade boundaries will be higher this year than last year?

Hey :smile: Can I ask if you are a current AS student or someone retaking an AS subject?

If you are a current AS student, then there will not be UMS at all. I would think that the grade boundaries will be quite low as the first group of students to take them

If you are retaking AS, then there will be UMS. Grade boundaries however, will be higher as they are decided after marking exams so as people will have studied for these exams, they will likely do better and that will increase grade boundaries

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Hey :smile: Can I ask if you are a current AS student or someone retaking an AS subject?

If you are a current AS student, then there will not be UMS at all. I would think that the grade boundaries will be quite low as the first group of students to take them

If you are retaking AS, then there will be UMS. Grade boundaries however, will be higher as they are decided after marking exams so as people will have studied for these exams, they will likely do better and that will increase grade boundaries

I'm sitting my AS this year for the first time, so does that mean that there will be no UMS?

how do we know how high we got
I'm sitting my AS this year for the first time, so does that mean that there will be no UMS?

That's correct, there won't be a UMS mark :smile:

Original post by Blancosdos
how do we know how high we got

I'm not sure If I understand your question

Grade boundaries will just have the raw marks, instead of both them and UMS, does that answer it? :redface:
Reply 5
New spec is purely Raw Mark even at year 2
Reply 6
That's correct, there won't be a UMS mark :smile:

I'm not sure If I understand your question

Grade boundaries will just have the raw marks, instead of both them and UMS, does that answer it? :redface:

If I'm going to apply for Cambridge, does that mean I have to declare my raw mark because there is no UMS?
If I'm going to apply for Cambridge, does that mean I have to declare my raw mark because there is no UMS?

I second this

Original post by Blancosdos
I second this

I would assume so, but I haven't applied to Cambridge so I'm not really sure, sorry about that :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest