Vasectomy when young

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi.
So I'm pretty dead set on never having children, and especially never getting someone pregnant by accident.

I'd like a vasectomy asap, but I'm in my teens and I've heard doctors are highly reluctant to perform the procedure because they think they know what I will want.

How can I get them to give me a vasectomy? Will they just do it? I could lie and say I already have children, or have a genetic disorder or something.

Thanks.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doctors will have your medical records so there's no point lying and telling them you have some condition and telling them you have kids whether you actually do or don't, won't make much of a difference. My mum still had to wait until her 40s to be sterilised. NHS doctors won't even consider you until you are in your 30s and even then, they'd still probably say no until you were in your late 40s. Private doctors would maybe do the op when you are younger. The earliest they would probably do it is 30.

I don't want kids either and sadly I did have an unexpected pregnancy, even while taking the pill and doctors refused to sterilise me after it or even consider it so all you can really do is wear protection and make sure whoever you do have sex with is as dead set against having kids too and make sure they are on the pill, implant etc. Mistakes and accidents can still happen though like with what happened to me but protection is all you can really use at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you wave enough money around, quite possibly in another country, you will be able to get someone to do it.

But that doesn't make it a good idea.

You should probably budget for having some semen frozen just in case you do change your mind.
Erik28
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally think this is a bad idea. It doesn't matter what you want now, your opinions and thoughts change over time. No one is the same as they were when they were a teenager

What if you meet someone when you're older and they want children? You love that person so much, they've made you want them. Then you have to tell them that you vasectomy in your teenage years

I don't particularlly want kids either, but a vasectomy has NEVER crossed my mind. If you don't want them, don't have them. Simple

Wait a few years as well, as the male contraceptive gel is coming. That would sort both problems, stops the sperm getting out but is also easily reversible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads