Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A few mathematics exam related questions. watch

ReputationRep:
    1) Is it possible to sit exams for edexcel mathematics/further mathematics in November? I'm going to be doing 9 modules next year so i would love to get three out of the way quickly, especially as i will have done three modules by the time i get back.
    2) Did anyone think the UMS marks awarded for the M1 exam were a little low? I felt much more confident about M1 than S1/P1 yet M1 was my lowest mark, with an 87/100. It's still an A and i'm not going to appeal or anything but that's fewer marks i'm allowed to lose at A2...

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    1) Yes, but only some of the modules. If you look on the edexcel website in either the specification or the timetable it will tell you which modules are available. I think you can do any of them in january though.

2) Don't know, I did M1 last year

ReputationRep:
    I just took a look on the website under 'exam timetables'. They have the approximate schedules for the exams we just sat and Jan 05 but they don't seem to have November 04 up yet.
    Perhaps they will be put up closer to the date, as very few people take them in November.

I'm glad i don't have to think about chemistry anymore, i used to hate going to it. Now i just have Biology, Maths, Further maths and ICT(which is 2/3 coursework.)

ReputationRep:
    Also, a good question would be, what modules should i do next year for my further maths?

I'm already doing/done the following as part of normal maths:
    P1,P2,S1,P3,M1,M2.

Here's what i think i'll proabably end up doing for further maths:
    P4,P5,P6,M3,D1,D2. Good choices?

I'm going to enjoy next year, just subjects i enjoy - namely biology, ICT, general studies and double maths. I hated chemistry towards the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    1) Is it possible to sit exams for edexcel mathematics/further mathematics in November? I'm going to be doing 9 modules next year so i would love to get three out of the way quickly, especially as i will have done three modules by the time i get back.
    2) Did anyone think the UMS marks awarded for the M1 exam were a little low? I felt much more confident about M1 than S1/P1 yet M1 was my lowest mark, with an 87/100. It's still an A and i'm not going to appeal or anything but that's fewer marks i'm allowed to lose at A2...

Thanks.
    with regards to ur second question strange thing happened to me..i got 78/100 in S2 in january...i retook it in june and got 64/100!! pretty strange...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 19, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.