Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, what are you predicting for you GCSE results, and what do you hop eto do next year?

ReputationRep:
    My School Has predicted me 8A*s and 3As

A*s in:Chem, Bio, Phys, Maths, French, Spanish, RS, Music

As in: History (although my teacher said it was equally likely that i'd get an A*), English and English LIt.

I predict myself pretty much the same except im thinkin i may get an A in music and an A* im history....anyway, only a week to go now...

Next year I'm going to study:
    Biology,
    Chemistry,
    Maths,
    French,
    Music

AND i want to be a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    predicting? hmmmmmm...dunno
    im hoping to get 4 A's, 3 B's and and 3 C's

nxt year i'll be at college doing A-levels

you?

ReputationRep:
    Science double Award:C(highest I can get coz im doing foundation
    Electronics:C (ditto above)
    German:C(but I think its going to be a D)
    Maths :B (hopefully!)
    Music : C/B
    History:B
    Religious studies:A
    English: B/A
    English Lit:B

ReputationRep:
    Science double award: A*
    French: A*
    German: A*
    Food Tech: A*
    Eng. Lit: A*
    Eng. Lang.: A
    Business Studies: A
    History: A
    RE: A
    Maths: B
    Geography: B

That's rather optimistic though. They're more grades I/my teachers feel I could achieve at my absolute best- which wasn't necessarily reflected in each exam (it never is for anyone).

*Fingers Crossed*

Next year, I was hoping to do Biology, Chemistry, French and Maths for AS level. However, based on the excruciatingly difficult maths papers I may be changing maths to something else.

ReputationRep:
    Our school didn't give us predictions. I'm hoping for 8 A*s and 1 and a half As (IT short course), but more realistically: 7 A*s, 1 A, 1 B, and an A/B in the short course (really not sure how I did on that one).

ReputationRep:
    I typed a post and lost it. Omen? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hiya there i have bin recently just bin looking at this site and have now decided to write due to this thread kinda helps me to get involved as i havent got my results yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have bin thinking about these results 2 much and it is doing my head in half of the summer holidays i was job hunting so i kinda had my mind of stuff and since the build up to a level results i am now feeling very nervous as my cousin did extremely well and every1 expects the same of of me but wit gcses!!!! :eek:
    i am in a way looking forward to gettin dem results because i have never dealt with resuls as important as these but also amd feeling quite worried loads of questions running through my head as im really pessimistic
    wot happens if they forge about me and forget to mark my papers or they get lost?
    wot if my school sets alight
    im not one to have ever bin a failure at school but wot if all my mate do betta den me? i will feel well thick all them years i bin gettin a* and then i see u and u and u on my results slip and they loook at me and say omg u failed and we passed how embarassing !!!!!!!!
    i just wanna get into sixth form and if i do i will just be so happpppy and i just need roughly about 4 b grades 3 c grades and 1 a and 1 d i know ill be really dissapointed wit a subject but dnt know which one!!! mayb i wont be mayb im worrying about nuttin!???????????
    i have bin uder alot of stress lately wit no body really by my side and really hope the results can boost me up and i can tell others and be proud of myself iinstead of hiding my face all the time wen it comes to results!!!!! well here are my predictions anyways
    maths B English B lit B science D ict B french B geography A PE c WELL THEY R THE ONES THAT MATTA TO ME I JUST HOPE NXT WEEK WILL BE A REALLY HAPPY WEEK FOR ME AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO R GETTING RESULTS
    i wrked my ass of for them and if i dnt pass i will be very dissapointed but dat will e all dwn to me wot shall i do nxt cant wait to tlk to u guys on thursday and can hopefully tell u all gd news fingers crossed gd luck to all u others out there who are also recieving ur results and post ur feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!any1 ere rom birmingham heard about the funfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! stacy camp and also can u ring up and get ur results in advance like ages ago for subjects like ict or is that all just a lie?????????

ReputationRep:
    The grades I think I'm going to get:

crap

ReputationRep:
    A*......in geography.....but i think i'm gonna get a C!
    A...... in english, eng lit, maths, double science, Urdu
    B.......in French, r.e and textiles
    C.......in ict and art

just hope i do better not worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiggawigga)
    hiya there i have bin recently just bin looking at this site and have now decided to write due to this thread kinda helps me to get involved as i havent got my results yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have bin thinking about these results 2 much and it is doing my head in half of the summer holidays i was job hunting so i kinda had my mind of stuff and since the build up to a level results i am now feeling very nervous as my cousin did extremely well and every1 expects the same of of me but wit gcses!!!! :eek:
    i am in a way looking forward to gettin dem results because i have never dealt with resuls as important as these but also amd feeling quite worried loads of questions running through my head as im really pessimistic
    wot happens if they forge about me and forget to mark my papers or they get lost?
    wot if my school sets alight
    im not one to have ever bin a failure at school but wot if all my mate do betta den me? i will feel well thick all them years i bin gettin a* and then i see u and u and u on my results slip and they loook at me and say omg u failed and we passed how embarassing !!!!!!!!
    i just wanna get into sixth form and if i do i will just be so happpppy and i just need roughly about 4 b grades 3 c grades and 1 a and 1 d i know ill be really dissapointed wit a subject but dnt know which one!!! mayb i wont be mayb im worrying about nuttin!???????????
    i have bin uder alot of stress lately wit no body really by my side and really hope the results can boost me up and i can tell others and be proud of myself iinstead of hiding my face all the time wen it comes to results!!!!! well here are my predictions anyways
    maths B English B lit B science D ict B french B geography A PE c WELL THEY R THE ONES THAT MATTA TO ME I JUST HOPE NXT WEEK WILL BE A REALLY HAPPY WEEK FOR ME AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO R GETTING RESULTS
    i wrked my ass of for them and if i dnt pass i will be very dissapointed but dat will e all dwn to me wot shall i do nxt cant wait to tlk to u guys on thursday and can hopefully tell u all gd news fingers crossed gd luck to all u others out there who are also recieving ur results and post ur feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!any1 ere rom birmingham heard about the funfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! stacy camp and also can u ring up and get ur results in advance like ages ago for subjects like ict or is that all just a lie?????????
    *cough* *cough* paragraphing *cough* *cough*

Just kidding, I'm sure your results will be fine and good luck to you too.

Stats - I know I got a B
    Maths - A*/A
    French - U, woo hoo!
    History - A*
    Geography - A*
    Sciences - A*'s
    English lit - A*/A
    English language - A/B
    Business Studies - A*/A/B/C???

Next year I'm doing history, sociology, law and physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Stats - I know I got a B
    Maths - A*/A
    French - U, woo hoo!
    History - A*
    Geography - A*
    Sciences - A*'s
    English lit - A*/A
    English language - A/B
    Business Studies - A*/A/B/C???

Next year I'm doing history, sociology, law and physics.
    Cool,im also doing sociology and history,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I predict most people who post their results will get straight As...
    That does follow assuming they're the only people who'd feel particularly good posting them...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to be posting my results, way too embarressing (sp)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Do you reckon some people lie about their grades on UKL?
    I think it's really quite sad if they do, I don't see the point :confused: We don't know each other, so it makes no sense to??

ReputationRep:
    I had the option to lie? Dang.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't surprise me if someone lied.Because quite a few people get A* and A's so they think that people will think that they are a bit thick because they did not get A's or A*'s.But let me just say that there are some things more important than grades.And people do not think that other people are thick just because thet did not get the top grades.

(Original post by piginapoke)
    I reckon there are some people who lie constantly on UKL. I'm not trying to detract from those who have genuinely done the business though.
    Hey, I admitted I got a B in stats, and that I did foundation french - so I can sleep easily tonight knowing that I'm nice and honest.

(Original post by LittleMissShine)
    Cool,im also doing sociology and history,
    Whey, good girl. On my day where you get the taster lessons I was talking to some girl and she happened to be doing the exact same subjects as me! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes forgot to mention we all have different talents to each other.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.