The Student Room Group

RIBA Part 2 - London Met VS Greenwich VS East London VS South Bank

Hello, my name is Marcello and I am going to study MA Architecture Part 2 in September. The problem at the moment seems to be which university to choose.

I obtained my Part 1 degree at the Kent School of Architecture, which I find to be extremeley overrated. When visiting the London schools, I was shocked by the amount of facilities and services for free! London is definitely another world. I've already been living here for a year (my year in practice) and find it to be the right city for me.

Now, speaking about unis, London Met seems to be the best choice (according to the AJ and Domus, plus judging from the student work, it seems to be one of the best schools!).

However I am a little worried about the temporary building they're gonna be based in from September 2017 and when I was interviewed there, I found the interviewer to be a bit cold. I had a better impression of Greenwich and South Bank, but I'm not too convinced about the student work, some being 'nothing special' and some others being a bit too sci-fi-ish ... It's true that my secret dream is to be a film director, but at the moment I need to stick to architecture!

Then there is East London, which I heard good things about, but really don't know what to think ... A bit far from the city centre ...

Then obviously there are UCL, AA, Westminster, Kingston etc., but some of them are too difficult to enter, some refused me already and some others I simply don't care about.

Any Part 2 student who can give me a piece of advice? Am I doing the wrong thing by accepting London Met?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Hedora
Hello, my name is Marcello and I am going to study MA Architecture Part 2 in September. The problem at the moment seems to be which university to choose.

I obtained my Part 1 degree at the Kent School of Architecture, which I find to be extremeley overrated. When visiting the London schools, I was shocked by the amount of facilities and services for free! London is definitely another world. I've already been living here for a year (my year in practice) and find it to be the right city for me.

Now, speaking about unis, London Met seems to be the best choice (according to the AJ and Domus, plus judging from the student work, it seems to be one of the best schools!).

However I am a little worried about the temporary building they're gonna be based in from September 2017 and when I was interviewed there, I found the interviewer to be a bit cold. I had a better impression of Greenwich and South Bank, but I'm not too convinced about the student work, some being 'nothing special' and some others being a bit too sci-fi-ish ... It's true that my secret dream is to be a film director, but at the moment I need to stick to architecture!

Then there is East London, which I heard good things about, but really don't know what to think ... A bit far from the city centre ...

Then obviously there are UCL, AA, Westminster, Kingston etc., but some of them are too difficult to enter, some refused me already and some others I simply don't care about.

Any Part 2 student who can give me a piece of advice? Am I doing the wrong thing by accepting London Met?

Hey! where did you decide to go in the end? :smile:
Where did you study finally?

Quick Reply

Latest