The Student Room Group

How are you spending Good Friday ?

Scroll to see replies

Probably gonna be forced to go to church later on. I'm not religious at all, enjoy your day though.:h:
Original post by physicsamor
Probably gonna be forced to go to church later on. I'm not religious at all, enjoy your day though.:h:

Oh dear, good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me it's a very sombre day and a day I tend to be quite ill on. My sister's invited my round to hers to make chocolate nests, to lift my spirits a bit, but other than that, the day will mostly be spent in silent reflection of various kinds. Unfortunately it's not safe enough for me to attend church so, as in the previous two years, I will stay at home and try to find some other way to mark the day :frown:
Original post by the bear
For me as a Christian this is a very solemn day. The Roman authorities put Our Lord to death after a dubious trial. This was not a quick lethal injection but hours of agony on the cross.
After the gruesome execution His body was taken away for burial before the beginning of the Sabbath.
What happens next is shrouded in mystery....

Are you an Evangelical Lutheran Christian, if I may ask?
Despite being an atheist, I would still like to commend Jesus for sacrificing himself to give us two bank holidays.
I'm an atheist, so its just another day for me pretty much. Spending it catching up on Netflix shows that I've missed over the last week while my papa was in hospital. Thankfully, he got home yesterday :yep:

Hope everyone has a fun Easter weekend :hugs:
Reply 26
I'm getting new glasses. :awesome:

I was raised Catholic, so I will not be eating meat today. It's sort of a tradition now for me. Thankfully don't have class this year at uni, like I did last year. That was strange.
Reply 27
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
For me it's a very sombre day and a day I tend to be quite ill on. My sister's invited my round to hers to make chocolate nests, to lift my spirits a bit, but other than that, the day will mostly be spent in silent reflection of various kinds. Unfortunately it's not safe enough for me to attend church so, as in the previous two years, I will stay at home and try to find some other way to mark the day :frown:

:jumphug:
Pondering whether to eat the roast sausage my mom bought to get blessed at church. I wont of course, but, that sausage sure looked delicious!
It's the last day of the hols for me so enjoying the warm sun of southern France. We had an Easter egg hunt today but later I will pray to and thank Jesus for his death (and resurrection). No English speaking churches out here otherwise I would be going to one later.
Working until 4pm, then going into town with my mom and some guests that came over for Easter :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by honour
Are you an Evangelical Lutheran Christian, if I may ask?

you may ask. i am not

:h:
Reply 32
Original post by Quantex
Despite being an atheist, I would still like to commend Jesus for sacrificing himself to give us two bank holidays.

:spank: bless thee
Reply 33
Original post by Query22
Happy Good Friday! :h:

- Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim

:five:
Original post by thevamps99xo
Oh dear, good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I needed to do a lot of revision today oh well I guess >.>
Reply 35
What a lovely and respectful thread. I'm sure it will be hijacked soon!!
I'll be eating fish and chips, reading, delivering flowers and going to church tonight
God bless
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Will you make a Simnel cake?
Original post by Sammylou40
What a lovely and respectful thread. I'm sure it will be hijacked soon!!
I'll be eating fish and chips, reading, delivering flowers and going to church tonight
God bless

Isn't it lovely - makes such a change from most of the threads on TSR that even mention religion. Let's hope it continues in this vein.
Original post by Reality Check
Will you make a Simnel cake?

I've no idea how to make one :colondollar: My mum might buy one from Waitrose though if that counts? :angel:

Quick Reply

Latest