Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I asked yesterday whether 4As looked stronger than 4As and a B (at AS Level). I was pretty sure this is what I was going to receive, with a B in English Lit.

What happened is I got 75/120 in one module. I knew after the exam that I had answered one question wrongly and missed the AOs and generally thought I had a poor paper. I still nearly got an A overall - 236/300.

It's a great shame because I got a strong A in my English mock, one of very few to do this in the yeargroup and it seems like a waste of a year not declaring English Literature and going forward with 4As. But it was likely to happen, when you sit 6 hours of essay papers in one day I guess you are bound to crack in one.

What is the remark procedure? Although I probably don't deserve an A, English Literature is marked fairly subjectively and I could well gain the extra four marks. Can my school get the scripts and then we have a look at them before remarking?

Or should I try and resit this module in January? The school policy is you can't take any exams in January and you can not resit in subjects you aren't continuing to A2, but I could do it externally.

ReputationRep:
    Get the scripts and see what your teachers think - you could also get your other english papers to see if you can get 4 marks somewhere on them.

You can retake the module but you'd have to resit the other question as well if there were two on the paper and in January you might not be as able to take the paper and get a good mark, Iknow I would've forgotton all my English AS by the time Christmas came round!

Don't let the fact you got a B discourage you from taking it further because its the UMS score that counts at the end of the day. You could also mention in your ucas statement that you might be retaking a module after only becing 4 marks off.

well done on the results though - pretty impressive!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I think I did badly in both questions, after I completely screwed up the first I wasn't in the best mindset for the second. Shame my coursework was 87/90 because that would be the easiest thing to resit.

Overall I'm happy though, got my 300/300 in Economics

Not taking English further anyway as one of my teachers this year really put me of it I had an incredibly boring time. I know next year I will probably get another teacher but just the thought of his double lessons makes me sick.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.