Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I swear ICT is fixed...
    I know it sounds like I am moaning about not doing well but the papers were REALLY easy... I got an A* at GCSE and just a C at A-level.
    I mean I got low grades for things when I knew questions were really easy!

Any way did any one else think the same?

(Original post by Aplin)
    I swear ICT is fixed...
    I know it sounds like I am moaning about not doing well but the papers were REALLY easy... I got an A* at GCSE and just a C at A-level.

the whole bloody exam system seems fixed but im not complaining!!!!!!!
    I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL

ReputationRep:
    The is a saying if you find an exam too easy you have probably done it wrong. Its common sense when you think about it. You probably did answer the questions in the way they wanted you to. For example a question is keyboard an input or output device, discuss maybe require a good paragraph instead of one line.

ReputationRep:
    I did write a lot... my teacer suggested I maybe tried to much and wrote to much so maybe I went off topic etc, etc
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    If an exam is easy then the mark needed to get an A will be extemely high (even as high as 99% or 100%).

ReputationRep:
    GCSE ICT is only easy because of the emphasis on coursework which is, with hard work, actually very easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    I swear ICT is fixed...

yeah ICT is screwed up, tahts liek for me last year. our whole class did really crap even though we have some of the best students.

ReputationRep:
    i just got 479/600 in it, one mark off an A!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, that must have been such a disappointment.

I got an A in ICT at A2 today. My ICT teacher used to mark exam papers for the subject and he made us always write answers in bullet points so we could get out points across clearly and without risking waffling. It might be worth considering if you're thinking of retaking and/or continuing to A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    I swear ICT is fixed...

ICT is officially the most difficult A-level in which to achieve an A-grade and has been for the past few years (this goes out to all you guys who think ICT is easy after not continuing past GCSE....)
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/alev...285751,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    I swear ICT is fixed...

try getting hold of the mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Poor English is usually the cause of bad results for ICT students

ReputationRep:
    My English aint that bad... got a B in AS TODAY!

I will take up the bullet point Idea I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slinec)
    ICT is officially the most difficult A-level in which to achieve an A-grade and has been for the past few years (this goes out to all you guys who think ICT is easy after not continuing past GCSE....)
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/alev...285751,00.html

CRAP!!!!!! I have got my AS ICT back to day and i got an A easy, i am dropping it coz there is no challenge and its really boring, i could get an A with my eyes shut.

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    Have you even finished your S.A.T.S yet Dynamite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    LOL
    Have you even finished your S.A.T.S yet Dynamite?
    er..yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamite)
    er..yes.
    I don't think you can dismiss facts on the basis of one man's experience.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.