emmak10
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm looking to enter an essay competition (probably the Royal Economic Society) as I don't have many supercurriculars for my PS. Do I have to win/come in the top group for it to actually mean anything on my PS or can I just say it was something I really enjoyed doing, helped my develop my essay writing, found more out about the topic etc. ? Thanks for your help
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by emmak10)
Hi, I'm looking to enter an essay competition (probably the Royal Economic Society) as I don't have many supercurriculars for my PS. Do I have to win/come in the top group for it to actually mean anything on my PS or can I just say it was something I really enjoyed doing, helped my develop my essay writing, found more out about the topic etc. ? Thanks for your help
If you just enter, maybe just briefly mention it. If you get further or even win, definitely put it! It shows a willingness to go beyond the syllabus and passion for your subject. What is the contest about and what subject are you applying for?
emmak10
Rep:
?
(Original post by greghayes)
If you just enter, maybe just briefly mention it. If you get further or even win, definitely put it! It shows a willingness to go beyond the syllabus and passion for your subject. What is the contest about and what subject are you applying for?
Okay thank you, I just didn't want to spend all this time on something for it to not even mean anything. I'm planning on applying for Economics and there was a choice of essays, I think I'm going to do about whether there should be a maximum wage so should be interesting anyway.
username2488767
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay thank you, I just didn't want to spend all this time on something for it to not even mean anything. I'm planning on applying for Economics and there was a choice of essays, I think I'm going to do about whether there should be a maximum wage so should be interesting anyway.
In which case, yes it's a good idea to include it because it's relevant to your course and shows general interest in Economics. Sounds interesing!
emmak10
Rep:
?
(Original post by greghayes)
In which case, yes it's a good idea to include it because it's relevant to your course and shows general interest in Economics. Sounds interesing!
Thanks for your help!
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It would be good to talk about the extra reading you've done for the essay writing It's good to do, but focus on that aspect
Razvan_T
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Include it, but make reflection the focus. Talk about any concepts you researched and that you found interesting and you understood better because of this contest.
emmak10
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Interrobang*)
It would be good to talk about the extra reading you've done for the essay writing It's good to do, but focus on that aspect
makes sense, thank you
emmak10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Razvan_T)
Include it, but make reflection the focus. Talk about any concepts you researched and that you found interesting and you understood better because of this contest.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
35.95%
No (80)
52.29%
I don't know (18)
11.76%

Watched Threads