hafsa1221
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I honestly don't know what to do for my uni course next year I currently do ict sociology and health and social care someone be kind enough to help me thanks x
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hafsa1221)
I honestly don't know what to do for my uni course next year I currently do ict sociology and health and social care someone be kind enough to help me thanks x
Do you mean you want to go to university in september but don't know what to apply for? Or you want to apply for the year after (2018 start)?
hafsa1221
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=greghayes;70950996] I mean the year after I'm in year 12 so for year 13
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=hafsa1221;70953512]
(Original post by greghayes)
I mean the year after I'm in year 12 so for year 13
Ah that's alright then. I had my mind set on Law as a degree from year 9 and picked all my subjects based on that, but psychology because I thought it looked interesting and that would be my "easy" subject. Half way through year 12, I started doubting Law and became more interested in Psychology until the summer when I 100% decided I didn't want to do Law anymore. It's totally ok not to know at this point. You don't even have to go to university. Just because a lot of people at your college might be applying, doesn't mean that you have to. Also, there's always the possibility of taking a gap year. This might be a good option for you as it gives you a whole other year to decide without having A Levels to focus on as well. It also gives you a chance to earn some money before going (which is always a good thing!).

If you're sure you want to go in 2018, speak to your college's careers advisor, your personal tutor, or any subject teacher that you think may be able to offer some advice. It might be that you speak to your Sociology teacher to find out what they did at uni and decide that you don't like the sound of it. There's also no reason why you can't apply for something totally new! If you find a course on UCAS that just sounds interesting, look at their entry requirements to see if you need to have studied something specific beforehand. If not, that's a course you're able to apply to. Get some prospectuses in from universities and see if any of the courses take your fancy.

This area of TSR might be useful to you:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...pplying-to-uni
hafsa1221
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=greghayes;70962958

Thankyou so much that really did make sense but I just stress before their is even anything to stresss about and I don't know man I'm just scared and worried about the whole thing but thanks for helping me means a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.53%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
28.24%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (69)
40.59%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
14.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.94%

Watched Threads