somerandomguy.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I am hoping to study Computer Science and was wondering if the requirements for Adjustment change. For Example, I did not study A-Level Maths and a lot of Computer Science courses require this, if i were to look at Adjustment, assuming I achieve higher grades than my Firm offer, would i be able to get into a course that needed A Level Maths before becoming available in Adjustment?
Also, I was wondering how many spaces usually appear in Adjustment at the Universities is and what the process is of applying and getting into them and how the grades differ.

Thanks In Advance.
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by somerandomguy.)
Hi,

I am hoping to study Computer Science and was wondering if the requirements for Adjustment change. For Example, I did not study A-Level Maths and a lot of Computer Science courses require this, if i were to look at Adjustment, assuming I achieve higher grades than my Firm offer, would i be able to get into a course that needed A Level Maths before becoming available in Adjustment?
Also, I was wondering how many spaces usually appear in Adjustment at the Universities is and what the process is of applying and getting into them and how the grades differ.

Thanks In Advance.
In terms of space - it will vary dramatically from year to year, and from university to university. One year a university might have a few spaces left, then the next year they won't have any. In terms of applying, you ring the universities up, tell them your grades and then they will inform you if they can offer you a place or not - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected. Unlike with clearing, if you apply through adjustment and do not find an alternate course, then you will retain your original firm choice.

They may be more lenient in terms of grades, but if they require you to have a specific subject that you do not, then I don't think that would be possible. I may be wrong though, so it is always worth checking out at the moment. If you check it out now, then you can look more into the universities and courses that would consider you (if they have spaces left).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (23)
69.7%
I don't have everything I need (10)
30.3%

Watched Threads