The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emerald777O
Just don't be dark skinned or Muslim and I'm sure it'll be easy for you :smile:

stupidest comment I've read in a while, America has many muslims and blacks. Black people make up like 13% of the population, they just don't let paki's push their own retarded agenda in their country.
Original post by comebackseason
stupidest comment I've read in a while, America has many muslims and blacks. Black people make up like 13% of the population, they just don't let paki's push their own retarded agenda in their country.

Minorities also make up the largest immigrant group in the US. The comment isn't even based in reality.
It is quite hard and it's getting even harder these days. You could try to find a job at first, maybe, somebody would be interested in you, so the company could send you an invitation. It could definitely work if your occupation is connected to IT, these guys have more chances.
Reply 23
I love to guide about canada but i have no idea about US
I dont think you have to get a new driving license- when i got a temporary visa there my mum was allowed to hire and drive a car. Might be a bit different for permanent visas, but i dont see why it would be.
Original post by N/A IS THE NAME
I dont think you have to get a new driving license- when i got a temporary visa there my mum was allowed to hire and drive a car. Might be a bit different for permanent visas, but i dont see why it would be.

He will certainly have to do a driving test if he was living in the US permanently. He may be able to drive temporarily on a UK license but if he had a greencard (v. difficult to get) the state he lived in would require he have a license issued by that state. Even US citizens that move states have to update their driving license within 30-90 days (depending on state).

Anyway that's a pretty insignificant thing to worry about. The US driving tests are, outside of some cities, very easy to pass.
(edited 6 years ago)
california sucks **** don't come here
Hey I am basically in the same situation, however im just finishing my first year on a two year Btec Technucal Theatre course, ive got gcse and A levels alongside some prestigius awards in the UK, my boyfriend lives out there but we havent really seen eachother for a few years, i want to move to the US for Uni and plan in staying aswell any advice for a almost 19 year old girl who just wants to finally get into the US and the theatre/stage industry any ideas please message me please
Original post by Drostina
I would like to know this, it is my dream to move to Los Angles!

L.A. is a very expensive place to live. I live in virginia right know but I would also love to move to L.A. because in the right side there are good working opportunities.

Latest