Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A2 OCR Geography grrrr! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else sit this exam? I really felt like i'd done well and the results seem to show that.

I got 89/90 for one module and then 73/90 for my coursework, both being A grades.

Then i got 68/120 a D on the final paper, what the hell is going on!?! My friends all got the same, really good marks for the first 2 and then completely crap on the last one.

Marked down at all methinks?? Still got what in to my first choice but i would have loved an A in geography, oh well!

ReputationRep:
    I sat this, but got 118/120, and then B's in the other two modules but can't remember exactly the stuff is downstairs! My A at AS helped me maintain it...I thought I did better than a very low B in the people and human paper..get your paper remarked if I was you, if its needed anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    I sat this, but got 118/120, and then B's in the other two modules but can't remember exactly the stuff is downstairs! My A at AS helped me maintain it...I thought I did better than a very low B in the people and human paper..get your paper remarked if I was you, if its needed anyway
    Yeah i might do that, i'll have a word with my teacher and see what he says, it's not needed but would have been nice. Good to see some people did well on the paper at least. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    the last paper was a difficult one though in regards to how they mark it.. you can think youve done well, but not actually said the stuff they want to hear..i remember doing loads of practise questions and doing craply on them..maybe request the papers and see what your teacher thought of your answers.. that being said - i got 120/120

ReputationRep:
    I did the OCR geography AS and got a B overall because I got a C in the investigation paper with A's for modules 1 and 2. I'm soo angry about this but it wasnt so bad as I was roughly one mark away from an A. Also I can just retake it in January. Did this happen to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Don't know if you guys agree but the thing I found about the last paper (synoptic) was that the style of the questions were VERY different to the years before and the past papers I had studied. They seemed to be a lot less specified which really, really threw me - so to the extent I didn't finish the paper and had to write bullet points!

In the end I got 102/120 (somehow)but think it was really harsh that the exam board suddenly threw this new style (without warning) upon us poor candidates!

Good luck with everything, stay happy
    Kat

ReputationRep:
    hey i don't know what options you did, but a few people (myself included) i know of mucked up the 'options in phy&human' paper (we did coasts & agric+food). in whole AS/A2 i have got a's in 4 modules, & 1b. but then i got a U in that!!! luckily i got my B overall that i needed, but eek! i remember the questions were horrible. i am getting it remarked although i don't need it really, its really odd. i know i did bad but never dreamt tht bad! perhaps ocr are trying to make it more difficult. or perhaps we were taught oddly so we found the wording hard. hmmm. it isnt a lack of revision i know, from the people involved (i only know a few peoples results though).

ReputationRep:
    We did coasts and tourism for that paper..most people I think did reasonably well on it but it was my lowest mark. I found the questions quite strange, they seemed to twist questions that I expected so they actually were looking for something just a little bit different which made it very hard to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god.. same happened at my school. all are coursework was marked way below what was predicted.. so now teacher has sent them all for fast track remark-as some people missed uni places because of their geog grade. me thinks that something fishy went on.. as OCR GEOG HARDLY HAS A GOOD TRACK RECORD..same happened a couple of years ago.. AH MAKES ME SO MAD!

XPX

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.